Smoking ban at Khao Lak beach to cover the entire beach length
The state and the private sectors in Phang Nga province have signed a memorandum of understanding to push forward with smoking ban at Khao Lak beach from the current two kilometre stretch to the entire 15 kilometre beach. The agreement was reached and signed in their effort to make the entire beach free of smoking. However they also made clear that smoking won’t be banned definitely but will be allowed only in arranged areas where smokes won’t disturb others. The MOU was signed by director-general of the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources Mr Jatuporn Buruspat, Takua Pa district officer, Tambon administration official, tourism industry association, tour guide association, volunteer association and local police. Under the agreement, they agreed to work together to protect marine and coastal resources along the 15-kilometre Khao Lak beach through PR campaign encouraging tourists to cooperate. Posters and signs banning smoking will be erected on the beach, and leaflets will be distributed. But Jatuporn said authorities do not prohibit tourists to smoke. They still could smoke but in arranged areas so that smokes would not disturb other tourists sharing the same beach, he said. This also would help lower the huge number of cigarette butts discarded on the beach. Currently authorities only enforce smoking ban on the 2-kilometre stretch of the entire 15-kilometre long beach. After the agreement, they would push forward the ban to cover the entire beach, he added. The post Smoking ban at Khao Lak beach to cover the entire beach length appeared first on Thai PBS English News.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Smoking ban at Khao Lak beach to cover the entire beach length, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Tuesday, 13 February, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Protect Andaman mass beach cleanup at Layan nets 92kg of trash The Phuket News (3 days ago) - PHUKET: About 200 volunteers, hotel workers local residents and officials collected a total of 92.5kg of trash from Layan Beach, on Phuket’s west coast, yesterday (Mar 20)....
- Vote! Silence falls on plan to close ’selfie beach’ near Phuket Airport The Phuket News (6 days ago) - PHUKET: Airports of Thailand (AoT) management at Phuket International Airport have still yet to make any public announcement to confirm – or even clarify – the possible closure of the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - UN seeks to move thousands of Rohingya to island
- - The military-sponsored General Election of Thailand
- - Italy, China Sign Pact Deepening Economic Ties
- - Rights of ‘ordinary people’ in focus as 1 bln vote in Asia
- - Will Asian economies dominate the world in 2050?
- - Pakistan calls for peace with India as it shows off military might at Republic Day parade
- - Parties gear up campaigns on last day
- - EC warns against ballot selfies and betting
- - Judgement day has arrived
- - “Support good people to rule this country,” says King of Thailand on eve of election.