Six dead in Indonesia riots, anti-China hoaxes spread as election results released
Six people have been killed and 200 injured in riots following the release of Indonesia’s official election results, according to Jakarta governor Anies Baswedan.The deaths came as supporters of the unsuccessful presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto clashed with security forces and set fire to a police dormitory and vehicles in the Indonesian capital on Wednesday after the release of the results, which showed Joko Widodo to have won a second term with more than 55 per cent of the vote.Some of…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Six dead in Indonesia riots, anti-China hoaxes spread as election results released, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 22 May
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Beijing the bogeyman: how fake news fuels fears in Malaysia and Indonesia SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Fake news – it’s persuasive and pervasive, and, in Southeast Asia, China is increasingly the victim.The economic giant is becoming the target of a growing number of conspiracy theories in...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thais warned to take precautions against chikungunya fever
- - Trump Says He Did Nothing Wrong in Call with Ukrainian Leader
- - 'Game of Thrones,' 'Veep' Aim for Records at Emmy Awards
- - 3 bedroom private pool Villa for sale Rawai
- - Are dictatorships better than democracies at fighting climate change?
- - Steps forward: The zero waste shop doing more than saving the environment
- - Pakistan Bus Crash Kills 26; Brakes Fail on Mountain Road
- - Travel Firm Thomas Cook Teeters on Edge as Talks Continue
- - Afghanistan's Taliban meets Chinese government in Beijing
- - For ‘pretties’, wages high, but also risk