Six alleged drug mules arrested, 15 million meth pills seized in Chiang Mai
Police have arrested six men and seized 15 million methamphetamine pills they were allegedly trying to smuggle from Chiang Mai to Bangkok in four pickup trucks. The arrests were made between 8.30am and 3pm on Monday in four separate incidents at two checkpoints, on a road and at a resort in Mae Ai district in Chiang Mai, and further north in Chiang Rai’s Mae Chan district. Pol Maj Gen Montree Samboonyanon, acting commissioner of the Provincial Police Bureau 5, revealed details of operation during a press conference at the bureau at 4pm on Tuesday. The six suspects were identified as Rakchart Tansaen, 31, Angkhan Soomkhai, 37, Thiraphat Saengthai, 35, Wallop Munyaem, 350, Thanaphat Munyaem, 22, and Samart Urachuen, 54. The drama began when Mae Chan police at a road checkpoint spotted four empty pickups driving in convoy and became suspicious. They stopped one of the pickups and checked but found nothing untoward. The driver told them he was driving to Mae Ai, so police alerted the Mae Ai and Mae Chan stations to check the pickups when they arrived. One pickup turned up at the Huan Nua resort in Mae Chan, where police stopped it and tested the two occupants for drugs. Both tested positive and were arrested. They told police they were hired to smuggle the drugs from Mae Ai to Bangkok. Police on the Mae Chan-Fang road in Mae Ai then spotted another of the suspicious vehicles and flagged it down. Hidden under a pile of blankets in the back they found 48 bags containing a total 4.8 million methamphetamine pills. The occupants of the vehicle were taken into custody. At 3pm, police from the Mae Ai police station located 102 more bags with 10.2 million meth pills, in a forest near Ban San Tonkhu village in Tambon... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Six alleged drug mules arrested, 15 million meth pills seized in Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 24 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Busted: Gang supplying tourists in Pattaya with methamphetamines Samui Times (Yesterday) - The chief of the Pattaya police announced the arrest of three men who had been supplying tourists with Ya Ba and Ice. Pol Col Prawit Chorseng and drugs suppression officers...
- Vote! Second hand car dealers who ripped off 52 people arrested after 5 years on the run Samui Times (2 days ago) - Police in Chiang Mai announced they had finally arrested a married couple involved in swindling 52 people. Anucha “Teng” Dorkmaingam, 55, and his wife Warawee or Suthicha Suphan, 39, were...
- Vote! Couple on 53 fraud warrants caught Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - A couple wanted on more than 50 arrest warrants for alleged fraud charges have been arrested in Chiang Mai province....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump Says It's Certain That US Shot Down Iranian Drone
- - Spain's Socialists, Far-Left Party Move Closer to Govt Deal
- - Zimbabwe's Food Situation Moving Toward Emergency, UN Says
- - Astrophysicists to Hawaii: Stop 'Criminalizing' Telescope Protesters
- - Trump Administration Trying to Bring A$AP Rocky Home
- - US Expands 'Remain in Mexico' to Dangerous Part of Border
- - A*STAR & Surbana Jurong to Collaborate on Built Environment Digital Solutions
- - Smart City Innovation: A*STAR & ST Engineering Sign MOU
- - Trump Marks Apollo 11 Anniversary by Meeting Its Astronauts
- - Teachers from Abroad