Six alleged drug mules arrested, 15 million meth pills seized in Chiang Mai
Police have arrested six men and seized 15 million methamphetamine pills they were allegedly trying to smuggle from Chiang Mai to Bangkok in four pickup trucks. The arrests were made between 8.30am and 3pm on Monday in four separate incidents at two checkpoints, on a road and at a resort in Mae Ai district in Chiang Mai, and further north in Chiang Rai’s Mae Chan district. Pol Maj Gen Montree Samboonyanon, acting commissioner of the Provincial Police Bureau 5, revealed details of operation during a press conference at the bureau at 4pm on Tuesday. The six suspects were identified as Rakchart Tansaen, 31, Angkhan Soomkhai, 37, Thiraphat Saengthai, 35, Wallop Munyaem, 350, Thanaphat Munyaem, 22, and Samart Urachuen, 54. The drama began when Mae Chan police at a road checkpoint spotted four empty pickups driving in convoy and became suspicious. They stopped one of the pickups and checked but found nothing untoward. The driver told them he was driving to Mae Ai, so police alerted the Mae Ai and Mae Chan stations to check the pickups when they arrived. One pickup turned up at the Huan Nua resort in Mae Chan, where police stopped it and tested the two occupants for drugs. Both tested positive and were arrested. They told police they were hired to smuggle the drugs from Mae Ai to Bangkok. Police on the Mae Chan-Fang road in Mae Ai then spotted another of the suspicious vehicles and flagged it down. Hidden under a pile of blankets in the back they found 48 bags containing a total 4.8 million methamphetamine pills. The occupants of the vehicle were taken into custody. At 3pm, police from the Mae Ai police station located 102 more bags with 10.2 million meth pills, in a forest near Ban San Tonkhu village in Tambon... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Six alleged drug mules arrested, 15 million meth pills seized in Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Wednesday, 24 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Big drug seizures across the country continue Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - PHOTO: The NationOver 10 million methamphetamine pills and more than 36 kilograms of crystal methamphetamne (ice) have been seized in raids around the country.Police, soldiers and Office of the Narcotics...
- Vote! India’s former finance minister Chidambaram arrested on corruption charges in dramatic late-night raid SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - Police arrested former Indian finance minister Palaniappan Chidambaram late on Wednesday in relation to alleged corruption and money laundering, a day after the Delhi High Court rejected his application to...
- Vote! 'Nothing new' about seized drug sheets Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - The Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) brushed aside concerns about the dangers posed by a new form of methamphetamine, after the police confiscated "sheets" of the drug weighing...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Impact of Political Satire Is No Joke
- - Computing and ICT students go from strength to strength at BISP
- - 1 policeman dies, 2 hurt in crash chasing suspect
- - Powerful, Obscure Law Is Basis for Trump 'Order' On Trade
- - Brazilian Troops Begin Deploying to Fight Amazon Fires
- - Majority support general debate over Prayut's oath-taking: Poll
- - UK's Johnson Pushes Trump Back on Trade War
- - 75 Years Later, US World War II Veterans Say: Never Forget
- - Iranian Oil Tanker Pursued by US Says it Is Going to Turkey
- - South Korea Begins Drills Near Disputed Islands