Six alleged drug mules arrested, 15 million meth pills seized in Chiang Mai
Police have arrested six men and seized 15 million methamphetamine pills they were allegedly trying to smuggle from Chiang Mai to Bangkok in four pickup trucks. The arrests were made between 8.30am and 3pm on Monday in four separate incidents at two checkpoints, on a road and at a resort in Mae Ai district in Chiang Mai, and further north in Chiang Rai’s Mae Chan district. Pol Maj Gen Montree Samboonyanon, acting commissioner of the Provincial Police Bureau 5, revealed details of operation during a press conference at the bureau at 4pm on Tuesday. The six suspects were identified as Rakchart Tansaen, 31, Angkhan Soomkhai, 37, Thiraphat Saengthai, 35, Wallop Munyaem, 350, Thanaphat Munyaem, 22, and Samart Urachuen, 54. The drama began when Mae Chan police at a road checkpoint spotted four empty pickups driving in convoy and became suspicious. They stopped one of the pickups and checked but found... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Six alleged drug mules arrested, 15 million meth pills seized in Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thai General Elections Set for March
- - Pakistan unveils tax cuts, incentives to boost growth
- - Call for Patong Hill caution as tour bus involved in multiple-vehicle wipeout
- - Malaysian royals to pick new king after historic abdication
- - Horse named 'Australian of the year'
- - Real Madrid take top spot from Man Utd in 'money league'
- - More gun-toting drug suspects arrested
- - German man dies after seven-storey fall in Patong
- - Thailand to hold elections on 24 March
- - Army: ‘No knowledge’ of dead activists stuffed with concrete
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Two arrested in crackdown on transnational drug ring Samui Times (Yesterday) - A Canadian man and his Thai male accomplice have been arrested in a joint operation...
- Older News
- Vote! Minor quake felt in Chiang Mai Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.2 on the Richter scale was recorded in San...
- Vote! Chiang Mai police set to throw the book at cop who took bribe from Chinese tourist Samui Times (3 days ago) - The head of Chiang Mai’s traffic police has ordered the immediate transfer of a...