Singapore should follow Malaysia in Abolishing Death Penalty as we strive for a Death Penalty free ASEAN Region.
Submitted on Tue, 2018-10-30 13:47MADPETMADPET(Malaysians Against Death Penalty and Torture) is very disappointed that Singapore, which is just one of 4 countries, still conducting execution for drug offences in 2017, has on 26/10/2018 went and hanged 31 year old Malaysian, Prabu Pathmanathan. Prabu was sentenced to death for committing several acts preparatory to and for the purposes of trafficking 227.82g of diamorphine or heroin into the island state on Dec 31, 2014.(Malaysiakini, 26/10/2018). According to The Online Citizen(TOC) report, Prabu is just one of a possible 4 persons who were executed this week. TOC reported that ‘Ali Bin Mohamad Bahashwan was executed alongside his co-accused Selamat Bin Paki on Wednesday afternoon (24 October 2018)…. Irwan Ali, a Singaporean, is the other inmate who is set to be executed this Friday…’(TOC, 26/10/2018) The Singapore Prison Service 2017 annual report showed eight people were executed in 2017, up from four in 2016.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Singapore should follow Malaysia in Abolishing Death Penalty as we strive for a Death Penalty free ASEAN Region., simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Prachatai'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Young doctor eyes poll win
- - Carlos Ghosn makes new request for bail, offering up passports and Nissan stock as collateral
- - Trump, Pelosi again butt heads over shutdown
- - Spurs squeak by Fulham, City win handily
- - U.S. Senator Graham urges Trump to meet Pakistan PM Khan
- - ‘Lub d’ Chaweng beach Koh Samui
- - World's Oldest Living Man Dies
- - Asia stocks poised for gains ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - SCB starts transformation's second phase
- - Voters getting anxious about poll date, survey reveals
- Older News
- Vote! China: 'No need' to practice penalties for Thailand match Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - AL-AIN, United Arab Emirates: China coach Marcello Lippi revealed a relaxed approach to penalty shoot-outs...
- Vote! Malaysia World’s Best Countries To Invest In Or Do Business For 2018 Thailand Business News (3 days ago) - Malaysia has been crowned as the best country in the world to invest in...
- Vote! Malaysia’s Dr M to become first Asean leader to address Oxford Union ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (4 days ago) - AT 93, Malaysia’s Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad is the oldest premier in the world...