Singapore reports lowest GDP growth in two years as trade ministry warns manufacturers may be vulnerable
Singapore’s economy grew at its slowest pace in more than two years in the fourth quarter, data showed on Friday, and the city state’s trade ministry warned that manufacturing is likely to face significant moderation this year. Weakening growth momentum for Singapore’s open economy – a hi-tech manufacturing base and transportation hub – underscores the risks to Asia’s export economies from a slowdown in China and Beijing’s trade war with Washington....... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Singapore reports lowest GDP growth in two years as trade ministry warns manufacturers may be vulnerable, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 14 February
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Q1 GDP growth falls to weakest in more than 4 years, outlook murky Bangkok Post (Today) - Thailand's economy grew at its slowest pace in more than four years in the first quarter, and by less than expected, thanks to a drop in exports and public investment....
- Vote! Singapore's economy gains 3.8% as construction rebounds Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SINGAPORE: The U.S.-China trade war and weaker global demand are clouding the outlook for Singapore’s export-reliant economy, which posted still solid growth in the first quarter....
- Vote! Q1 GDP rises 2.8% yoy, slowest pace in more than four years Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - Thailand's trade-dependent economy grew less than expected and at its slowest annual pace in more than four years in the first quarter, due mainly to softer exports....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Fake general swindling for animals skins? WCGC Thailand Final! Heavy storms coming! || May 21
- - New date for Coronation Day holiday announced
- - Mother disappears after abandoning newborn in rubber plantation
- - Minister to push for two more Mekong bridges
- - Police seize haul of weapons, drugs in post-Songkran blitz
- - Four dead as pickup truck slams into tour bus heading to Phuket
- - Drug bust in Kathu nets 2,000 meth pills
- - 150 bedrrom Patong Hotel for sale
- - Phoenix goes up for auction, starting price 900,000 baht
- - Top 10 restaurants in Phuket