She gambled. She lost.
The Belarusian self-proclaimed seductress, nabbed by police last February in Pattaya running ‘sex classes’ for Russian tourists in the party town, remains in a Thai prison. In the days after her arrest, her relatively minor immigration transgression ramped up into an international scandal when she claimed she could dish dirt on US President Trump and some of his alleged Russian associates. She said she knew people. She said she had secret recordings. If it was all a gamble to help secure preferred treatment or an early release, the gamble hasn’t paid off as yet. After appearing in court in September along with her sex-mentor Alexander Kirillov, she’s still awaiting the next move in the Thai legal system – likely, a date with the Courts set for January next year. Six other Russians nabbed during the sex course remain in jail as well. Anastasia Vashukevich, better known as Nastya Rybka, has stuck to her story all the while rotting in a Thai prison awaiting progress in her case and some help from a wealthy Russian businessman who is currently embroiled in the investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 US Presidential elections. According to a story in the NYTimes.com, she says she is waiting to hear back from the man she claims she had an affair with, Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian tycoon and oligarch. She claims that she sent the tapes to him and is waiting to hear back from him, hoping that he’ll do something to ‘arrrange’ her release. Good luck with that! In April, the United States imposed sanctions on Mr. Deripaska and six other Russian oligarchs as punishment for interference in the 2016 election and other Russian aggressions. Read the rest of the NYTimes.com article HERE. The post She gambled. She lost. appeared first on The Thaiger.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, She gambled. She lost., simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Sunday, 2 September, 2018
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Evangelical Group Says Laos Has Deported 3 American Missionaries
- - Thailand busts 'seasteading' effort by American
- - Wildfire contained at Phromthep Cape, fire warning re-issued
- - After Songkran, Phuket water reductions continue to stretch reserves until rains return
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Cobra eggs missing! Arrest in Phi Phi rape case! Worst Songkran road record? || April 18
- - 348 die in Songkran road carnage
- - Does Japan’s Reiwa era promise a new economic dawn even as China rises?
- - Experience: I was crushed by an elephant
- - How Vietnam Quietly Built up 10 Islands in Asia’s Most Disputed Sea
- - What’s China got to do with elections in India’s southernmost state?