Searches net 61 foreigners on visa and other charges
Sixty-one foreigners have been arrested for overstaying their visa and other charges after tourist police and other agencies carried out searches nationwide. Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal, deputy tourist police chief, held a press conference in Bangkok’s Bang Kapi district to announced the results of the operation at 1.30am on Friday. He said tourist police and other agencies searched 75 locations around the country throughout Thursday and made the arrests. Ten foreigners were found to have overstayed their visas, including two Vietnamese, two Myanmar, two Britons, one Nigerian, one Lao, one Indian and one Malaysian. Surachet said 42 foreigners were arrested for having sneaked into the kingdom, including 12 Laos, 10 Indians, nine Myanmar, five Cambodians, two Vietnamese, two French, one Chinese and one Nigerian. He said nine other foreigners were arrested on other charges. They are three Indians, two Myanmar, two Laos, one Kazakhstani and one Vietnamese. The Nation The post Searches net 61 foreigners on visa and other charges appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Searches net 61 foreigners on visa and other charges, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 3 August, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! “Fake” agent helping foreigners get driving licences arrested in Pattaya Samui Times (3 days ago) - Thai immigration chief Lt Gen Sompong Chingduang and his teams reported Monday that a female Thai agent had been arrested for helping foreigners get Thai driving licences and register vehicles...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump Marks Apollo 11 Anniversary by Meeting Its Astronauts
- - Teachers from Abroad
- - Climate in Deep Time
- - Conservation and Jobs
- - Benefits of Trees
- - 2020 Dems Grapple with How To Pay for 'Medicare for All'
- - US Says It has Clear Evidence Navy Ship Downed Iranian Drone
- - Education, Environment and Explorers
- - Promise, Peril in Malaysia's Move to Lower Voting Age
- - Cricket: Bangladesh captain Mortaza out of Sri Lanka ODIs due to injury