Saudi teen seeks asylum as Australian foreign minister visits Thailand – Thaiger Bites
Australia’s Foreign Minister Marise Payne is in Bangkok today after the Australian Government says it would consider giving asylum to the 18 year old Saudi woman who fled to Thailand from Kuwait, saying she feared her family, which she accused of abuse. Reuters reports that Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun refused to meet her father and brother, who arrived in Bangkok yesterday to try and encourage her to return to Saudi Arabia while denying accusations that her family was abusing her physically and emotionally. Al-Qunun was initially denied entry to Thailand when she arrived at the Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport on Saturday, intending to fly from there to Australia to seek asylum. Payne will meet with Deputy PM and Justice Minister Prajin Juntong as well as holding a bilateral meeting with her Thai counterpart, Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai, as part of her first official visit to Thailand as foreign minister. Read the ret... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Saudi teen seeks asylum as Australian foreign minister visits Thailand – Thaiger Bites, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Canada Dismisses China's Warning of Huawei Ban Repercussions
- - The first round of GTI Taipei & Online Games Expo 2019
- - Exhibition and business meeting event providing the latest information to supermarkets and the food distribution industry
- - Café Malaysia 2019 celebrates the country’s dynamic coffee culture and its world class achievements
- - Top US Navy Officer Urges China to Avoid Confrontations
- - Spokesman: Myanmar Army Kills 13 Rebels in Rakhine Clashes
- - North Korea's Kim Yong-chol meets Mike Pompeo in Washington
- - Radical Cleric Linked to Bali Bombing to Be Freed from Prison
- - Talks Between US, NKorea Take Place in Sweden
- - StocExpo Europe 2019 Conference Unveiled
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Meng Hongwei: Wife of ex-Interpol chief seeks France asylum BBC News Asia (Yesterday) - Grace Meng's husband is in a Chinese jail and she already has French police protection....
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand pledges to soften harsh refugee policies Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - PHOTO: Toronto Star Thailand’s immigration chief is pledging an upgrade of the country’s draconian treatment...
- Vote! Australian woman deported for overstaying visa by over 100 days Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - PHOTOS: Facebook/Claire Johnson An Australian woman, who was caught overstaying her visa by 111 days,...