Russia Summons U.S. diplomat in Moscow in Protest over Visa Row
Russia summoned a representative of the U.S. embassy in Moscow on Thursday to issue a protest after U.S. officials alleged Russia had refused visas to teachers at an international school in Moscow, the Russian foreign ministry said.The ministry said in a statement it had not denied the visas, but that teachers at the school were entering Russia under diplomatic visas, despite not being diplomats.It said Russia was ready to issue visas promptly to U.S. diplomatic personnel as soon as Washington started issuing visas promptly to Russian diplomats in the United States.The United States and Russia accused each other a day earlier of using children as political hostages after dozens of teachers at the English-language school in Moscow patronised by the children of Western diplomats were left without visas. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Russia Summons U.S. diplomat in Moscow in Protest over Visa Row, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Thursday, 18 July
- Older News
- Vote! Russia sends 'Fedor' its first humanoid robot into space Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - MOSCOW: Russia on Thursday launched an unmanned rocket carrying a life-size humanoid robot that will spend 10 days learning to assist astronauts on the International Space Station....
- Vote! Russia says US missile test 'escalation of military tensions' Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - MOSCOW: Moscow on Tuesday accused the United States of ramping up military tensions with a new missile test, weeks after the countries tore up a Cold War-era pact and sparked...
- Vote! Presidents of France, Russia Meet to Discuss World Conflicts VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - French President Emmanuel Macron and Russian President Vladimir Putin have held talks in southern France to discuss a range of world issues, including conflicts in Ukraine, Iran and Syria.Macron told...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Climate change turns Greenland into strategic, economic hotspot
- - Hong Kong protesters target airport week after arrivals hall mayhem
- - UN: Myanmar Military Intended to Perpetrate Genocide Against Rohingya Muslims
- - Jewish Groups Speak Out Against Trump Immigration Policy
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Under Way
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Underway
- - US Tells Canada It's Urging China to Free Detained Canadians
- - New Sudan Sovereign Council Woman Vows to Uphold Rights of All
- - France, Greece To push for EU Solidarity on Migrant Crisis
- - EU Nations Taking In Migrants Stranded on Rescue Ship