Rodrigo Duterte backflips on Chinese fishing in Philippine waters, insisting exclusive rights will not be waived
The Philippines will not waive its rights to exclusive waters in the South China Sea, President Rodrigo Duterte said on Thursday, reversing his earlier stance allowing Chinese fishing, which some officials said was unconstitutional.“The president will not relinquish our sovereign rights over our country’s exclusive economic zone,” Duterte’s spokesman Salvador Panelo said in a statement on Thursday, adding the president’s decisions are in accordance with the constitution.Duterte also spoke to…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Rodrigo Duterte backflips on Chinese fishing in Philippine waters, insisting exclusive rights will not be waived, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 26 June
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Philippines Threatens to Cut Ties with Iceland Over UN Probe VOA NEWS (Today) - President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines is considering cutting diplomatic ties with Iceland for leading a push to have the United Nations Human Rights Council investigate his brutal anti-drug crackdown.The...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Rodrigo Duterte signs Philippine law punishing catcalling, sexual harassment SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has signed a bill into law penalising a range of acts of sexual harassment including catcalling, wolf-whistling and persistent telling of sexual jokes, which pro-women’s groups...
- Vote! Philippines won’t quit UN rights council or sever ties with Iceland despite Duterte’s threat: Locsin SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - The Philippines will not sever diplomatic ties with the UN Human Rights Council (HRC), the country’s top diplomat said, despite last week’s vote to investigate the President Rodrigo Duterte’s controversial...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - IMF cut global growth GDP in 2019 to 3.3% warning of higher risk
- - Thailand seeking endorsement for 5 international airports
- - Phuket python caught feasting on Rawai chickens
- - Storm weather warning issued for Phuket
- - 30 bedroom Patong Hotel for lease
- - Phuket surf warning issued as storm conditions rise
- - Phuket Town main road to close one lane for sports parade
- - After Phuket student killed by electrocution, officials assure public park areas are safe
- - Modern Apartments in Patong for sale
- - Apollo Mission Control Room Reopened to Mark Moon Landing Anniversary