Provinces warned of torrential rain, possible floods
Seventeen provinces in all regions of the country have been warned to prepare for torrential rain from today until Wednesday, which may trigger floods in few areas and exacerbate the situation in areas already inundated. The provinces include Chiang Rai, Phayao, Nan, Mae Hong Son, Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan, said Samroeng Saengphuwong, deputy secretary-general of Office of the National Water Resources (ONWR) in his capacity as director of the government’s temporary centre for crisis management. Several areas have already been being affected by overflows of water from major rivers such as Pasak River in Phetchabun and Prachin Buri River in Prachin Buri, he said. At the same time, two large dams in Kanchanaburi will have to scale up draining excess water, which may cause worse flooding in the low-lying areas after these dams. Vajiralongkorn Dam in Thong Pha Phum district will discharge 5 million cubic metres more of water per day, while Srinakarin Dam in Si Sawat district will increase the rate of water releasing by 6 million cu/m per day. Elsewhere, several areas in Tha Uthen district of the northeastern province of Nakhon Phanom have been being flooded for close to a month now. More than 100 families are being affected and supplies of food there are reportedly running out. The military is speeding up transporting by boat more flood relief to affected people. Floodwaters climbed over 1m in certain areas of the district including tambon Chaiyaburi.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Provinces warned of torrential rain, possible floods, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Thai PBS NETWORK - Saturday, 1 September, 2018
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Fierce winds, rain, hail cause damage in 2 provinces Bangkok Post (Today) - Shops and houses were damaged and vehicles hit by falling trees when strong winds and heavy rain pummeled Phimai municipality of Nakhon Ratchasima province on Thursday evening....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Evangelical Group Says Laos Has Deported 3 American Missionaries
- - Thailand busts 'seasteading' effort by American
- - Wildfire contained at Phromthep Cape, fire warning re-issued
- - After Songkran, Phuket water reductions continue to stretch reserves until rains return
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Cobra eggs missing! Arrest in Phi Phi rape case! Worst Songkran road record? || April 18
- - 348 die in Songkran road carnage
- - What’s China got to do with elections in India’s southernmost state?
- - North Korea’s ‘new guided weapon’ designed for ground combat, not a ballistic missile, says South’s military
- - Japan’s trying to fight gambling addiction ahead of casinos’ expected arrival
- - Nissan slams output cut report as 'completely incorrect'