Pompeo: No Sanctions Relief for North Korea Before Complete Denuclearization
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Thursday pushed back against a North Korean state media report that U.S. President Donald Trump agreed during this week’s Singapore summit with Kim Jong Un to gradually lift sanctions against Pyongyang, saying Trump had been very clear about the sequence of steps in the process. The official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said Trump offered to lift sanctions against it as relations improve, indicating a phased-in approach where concessions would be provided at various stages of the denuclearization process. Speaking at a news conference in Seoul alongside South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-hwa and Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono, the U.S. secretary of state said the Trump administration would not repeat the mistakes made by past presidents that rewarded Pyongyang for denuclearization promises. “When we refer to the mistakes of the past. They were providing economic and financial aid relief before the complete denuclearization... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Pompeo: No Sanctions Relief for North Korea Before Complete Denuclearization, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Suspect in murder of two monks arrested
- - Iran summons Pakistan's envoy over deadly suicide bomb attack - Tasnim
- - Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- Older News
- Vote! Hanoi Summit Sparks Optimism, But Called Moment of Truth VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - The second summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un...
- Vote! Pompeo: US Aims to ‘Get as Far Down Road as We Can' with N Korea VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - The United States aims to "get as far down the road as we can" ahead...
- Vote! Power-deprived North Korea sets sights on sanctions-proof energy sources SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - Power-strapped North Korea is exploring two ambitious alternative energy sources - tidal power and coal-based...