Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
The haze situation in urban Chiang Mai had improved by Friday morning but remained hazardous enough in some areas that vulnerable groups – small children, the elderly and the infirm – were still being advised to wear facemasks while outdoors. Downtown Chiang Mai had a PM2.5 level – particulates 2.5 microns or less in diameter – of 38 micrograms per cubic metre of air, down from 43.88 on Thursday. There was a slew of cropland-clearing fires this week ahead of an announced ban on outdoor burning throughout March and April, necessitating immediate measures to discourage the practice. The Pollution Control Department (PCD) put PM2.5 levels in the North between 35 and 63mcg, the upper figure recorded in the tambons of Mae Mo in Lampang’s Mae Mo district and Ban Klang in Muang Lamphun. Bangkok and five neighbouring provinces were below the safe limit of 50mcg, the PCD said, and the situation was expected to improve further on Saturday thanks to measures taken by state agencies. In the Northeast, PM2.5 ranged from 49-67mcg, with tambon Nai Muang in Muang Khon Kaen worst off. The Nation The post Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 15 February
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Chiang Mai Song Thaew drivers see red over Grab Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - Chiang Mai’s Grab vs traditional public transport continues. The issue has simmered for two years with occasional outbreaks of violence and an ongoing war of words on social media. Thai...
- Older News
- Vote! Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - FIL PHOTO: A police checkpoint set-up in the Chiang Mai city area – Chiang Mai Citylife Three alleged drug couriers have been arrested this morning following a gunfight that injured a...
- Vote! Young Brit found dead in Chiang Mai condo – lots of meds in the room Samui Times (3 days ago) - Police were called to a luxury condo in the Chang Khlan district of Chiang Mai on Saturday after the maid found a British man dead in the bedroom of room...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters