Police warn driving drunk and causing deaths might be charged with intentional murders
he deputy National Police commissioner general has warned that any motorists who might be driving drunk and caused deaths to others might be faced with intentional murder charges. Deputy National Police Commissioner General Pol. Gen. Wirachai Songmetta said the police have launched a nationwide campaign against driving drunk or speeding which might possibly caused deaths to others during Songkran festival. Those drunk or careless motorists will be arrested under the Land Traffic Act which warrants a one-year term in prison or 5,000 to 20,000 baht in fine. The deputy National Police commissioner general warned that motorists be very careful and fasten safety belts while motorcyclists wear crash helmets. All motorists are strongly suggested to strictly follow the traffic rules. He advised that those who may have been given traffic tickets to pay for fines abide by the law and follow suit accordingly because the police have data links with the Department of Land Transport which is responsible for the yearly renewal of automobile licenses. NNT Thailand The post Police warn driving drunk and causing deaths might be charged with intentional murders appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Police warn driving drunk and causing deaths might be charged with intentional murders, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 14 April
- Older News
- Vote! Rich drunk driving Benz businessman buys off family for 45 million baht in death of cop and wife Samui Times (2 days ago) - The factory owner who killed a senior police man and his wife and injured their daughter while driving his Mercedes Benz drunk has paid off the deceased’s family to the...
- Vote! “Happy” the drink driving monk tells cops he thought the alcohol was “medicine” Samui Times (4 days ago) - Police in Chaiyaphum in Thailand’s north east mounted a search after locals reported a man in saffron robes was driving erratically in the area. A checkpoint mounted by the Phukhiaw...
- Vote! Four dead as pickup truck slams into tour bus heading to Phuket The Phuket News (5 days ago) - PHUKET: The 23-year-old driver of a pickup truck who survived a high-speed head-on collision into a tour bus heading from Krabi to Phuket yesterday (May 21) – killing four people...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Pakistan PM Khan speaks with Modi to congratulate him on election victory
- - Strong earthquake strikes northern Peru
- - Prem's birthplace in Songkhla draws mourners
- - Donald Trump seems to undermine John Bolton on North Korean missile launches with rogue tweet
- - Thousands March in Hong Kong to Mark June 4 Protests
- - Four killed, seven injured in three explosions in Nepali capital - police
- - China International Big Data Industry Expo 2019 Opens
- - Over 600 people test HIV positive in Pakistan city
- - Future Forward Party wins new Chiang Mai election
- - DMS: Marijuana can only treat four diseases