Police hunt driver who killed Filipino rally cyclist
Police are investigating the fatal crash that had claimed the life of a 55-year-old Filipino cyclist during a long distance rally in Chachoengsao’s Ban Pho district on Tuesday (Oct 23). It was reported that a van jumped a red light and crashed into cyclist Russel Perez at Hua Noen intersection on Sirisothorn Road at 1.30am on Tuesday as Perez was making a right turn at the traffic lights. The cyclist was only 50km from the finish line in the 1,000 BRM Suvarnabhumi Airport-Trat rally, said the Audax Randonneurs Thailand fan page on Wednesday. The van drove off to the right after the crash, while Perez was taken to Ban Pho Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Perez, who had joined the Audax Randonneurs Rides in the Philippines and achieved Super Randonneur in 2018, came to Thailand with his family and two friends to join the ride. The event organiser said... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Police hunt driver who killed Filipino rally cyclist, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Samui Times'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- - PPRP 'made a mistake' on farmers' land
- - Prawit promises better care for kids of illegal aliens
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - Sudarat, Chadchart dismiss rumours of rift
- - Prayut promises poll date 'coming soon'
- Older News
- Vote! Security increased in Narathiwat as hunt for monk killers intensifies Samui Times (2 days ago) - The national police chief has ordered police regional units in Narathiwat to increase security...