Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint
FIL PHOTO: A police checkpoint set-up in the Chiang Mai city area – Chiang Mai Citylife Three alleged drug couriers have been arrested this morning following a gunfight that injured a suspect and a police officer. The incident happened in the Mae Rim district of Chiang Mai. Police say they monitored road checkpoints last night until officers at a traffic booth in Tambon Rimtai noticed a motorcycle leading the way for a pick-up truck at 1.20am, according to The Nation. Police flagged them down at the checkpoint but the motorcycle mounted the footpath to avoid the checkpoint and sped away. When the pickup was stopped, a man on the back jumped down and ran into the forest, with police not far behind. The suspect opened fire on the policeman chasing him with his homemade sawn-off shotgun. The shot hit the officer’s left arm. The officer returned fire and hit the suspect in the abdomen before police were able to seize his gun. The injured suspect was identified as 21 year old Wongsakorn Jala. Both the injured policeman and suspect were rushed to the district hospital. The two other suspects were identified as a 22 and 30 year old. Police found 200,000 methamphetamine pills in the back of the pickup. Police are still trying to find the motorcycle ‘scout’ who was leading the way. The suspects told police they were hired by a Lahu man in Chiang Mai’s Chai Prakan district to take the drug from Fang district and deliver it to a recipient in the city. SOURCE: The Nation The post Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Wednesday, 22 May
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Chiang Mai: Gambling crackdown on cuddly toys imminent! Samui Times (Today) - Chiang Mai News reported that crane grab toy games were brazenly sprouting up all over the city contrary to the orders of the governor of the northern Thai province. Some...
- Vote! Pit bull savages child in Chiang Mai – owner pays 3,000 baht and no more Samui Times (Today) - A distraught mother has gone to the press for help after her 11 year old son was savaged by a pit bull terrier that got loose from a restaurant in...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Dog viciously attacks child in Chiang Mai – owner offers 3,000 baht compensation Phuket Gazette (Today) - A Chiang Mai mother is calling for action after her 11 year old son was mauled by a dog (guess the breed) that escaped from a local restaurant near their house....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, says state media says
- - Cricket: Morgan's record-breaking six-fest helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Cricket: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - Cricket: Record-breaking six-fest from Morgan helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Factbox: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - New Focus on Innovation at Asia's Leading Event for the Tank Storage Industry
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, state media says
- - Xi Jinping’s state visit to North Korea aims for ‘new impetus’ in ties
- - Mains water supply outage in Kamala
- - Motorbike driver crushed by cement truck in Thalang, Phuket