Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint
FIL PHOTO: A police checkpoint set-up in the Chiang Mai city area – Chiang Mai Citylife Three alleged drug couriers have been arrested this morning following a gunfight that injured a suspect and a police officer. The incident happened in the Mae Rim district of Chiang Mai. Police say they monitored road checkpoints last night until officers at a traffic booth in Tambon Rimtai noticed a motorcycle leading the way for a pick-up truck at 1.20am, according to The Nation. Police flagged them down at the checkpoint but the motorcycle mounted the footpath to avoid the checkpoint and sped away. When the pickup was stopped, a man on the back jumped down and ran into the forest, with police not far behind. The suspect opened fire on the policeman chasing him with his homemade sawn-off shotgun. The shot hit the officer’s left arm. The officer returned fire and hit the suspect in the abdomen before police were able to seize his gun. The injured suspect was identified as 21 year old Wongsakorn Jala. Both the injured policeman and suspect were rushed to the district hospital. The two other suspects were identified as a 22 and 30 year old. Police found 200,000 methamphetamine pills in the back of the pickup. Police are still trying to find the motorcycle ‘scout’ who was leading the way. The suspects told police they were hired by a Lahu man in Chiang Mai’s Chai Prakan district to take the drug from Fang district and deliver it to a recipient in the city. SOURCE: The Nation The post Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Police and drug courier injured in shootout at Chiang Mai checkpoint, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Wednesday, 22 May
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Chiang Mai Zoo celebrates World Rhino Day Bangkok Post (Today) - Activities were organised at Chiang Mai Zoo on Sunday to celebrate World Rhino Day -- with Kali, a 34-year-old female Indian black rhinoceros from Nepal, the star of the show....
- Older News
- Vote! Chiang Mai Night Safari blames tiger deaths on rain Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - The Chiang Mai Night Safari has blamed heavy rainfall for the spread of the feline distemper virus that killed three of its tigers last month....
- Vote! Downtown Chiang Mai roads flooded Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - CHIANG MAI: Many roads in downtown Chiang Mai were quickly flooded as heavy rain pounded the northern capital on Thursday morning....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump Says He Did Nothing Wrong in Call with Ukrainian Leader
- - 'Game of Thrones,' 'Veep' Aim for Records at Emmy Awards
- - 3 bedroom private pool Villa for sale Rawai
- - Are dictatorships better than democracies at fighting climate change?
- - Steps forward: The zero waste shop doing more than saving the environment
- - Pakistan Bus Crash Kills 26; Brakes Fail on Mountain Road
- - Travel Firm Thomas Cook Teeters on Edge as Talks Continue
- - Afghanistan's Taliban meets Chinese government in Beijing
- - For ‘pretties’, wages high, but also risk
- - The future of Phi Phi’s Maya Bay – may open for “limited” tourism again in 2021