PM Prayut kicks the election can down the road
PHOTO: The Nation February 24? No. March? April? Maybe May? PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has reaffirmed today that election will definitely be held by May 9 but gave no indication when exactly it will take place. It’s the first time he’s ever uttered an actual date. He says that under the new Thai Constitution, May 9 is the final date election can be held but that his government needs to start making preparations for the Royal Coronation. Under the Constitution, a general election must be held within 150 days after the law on MPs election was promulgated. That was December 9 last year. He also made a plea to the Thai voters not to “get bored” with him saying his administration will have to be around for a little while longer. The PM, speaking at a National Teacher’s Day function, said the country was advancing toward full democracy with the election to be held definitely by May 9. The explained... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, PM Prayut kicks the election can down the road, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Chinese Leader Meets with US Trade Delegation in Beijing
- - Viewpoint: How far might India go to 'punish' Pakistan?
- - Vietnamese airlines get access to US for first time
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- Older News
- Vote! CTP kicks off bid in Northeast Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - Khon Kaen: The Chartthaipattana Party on Monday kicked off its election campaign in the Northeast...