Philippines open for business with China, but stands firm on insisting Beijing respects its sovereignty: trade secretary
Even as the Philippines signs billions of dollars worth of agreements with its top trading partner China to boost bilateral ties, Manila will not back down from insisting on respect for its sovereignty, Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said on Thursday.“The President, many Filipinos and myself would make sure there is mutual respect for sovereignty. That is what we should maintain as good friends,” Lopez told the South China Morning Post in an exclusive interview.He added he was confident any…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Philippines open for business with China, but stands firm on insisting Beijing respects its sovereignty: trade secretary, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 25 April
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand unaffected by U.S. restrictions on Huawei Thailand Business News (3 days ago) - The Secretary-General of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) disclosed today that Thailand has not been affected by the United States’ curbs on Huawei at this stage. The NBTC...
- Vote! “Very dangerous” Huawei could be part of a US-China trade deal Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - President Donald Trump has reiterated his complaints against China’s Huawei Technologies but conceded that they could be resolved as part of a negotiated US-China trade deal. Without providing evidence, he...
- Vote! Asia set to trade cautiously amid US-China trade worries CNBC - ASIA (3 days ago) - Markets in Australia and Japan looked set to open slightly lower as investors worried over trade tensions between the U.S. and China....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Narendra Modi scores a remarkable election victory
- - Deals and Coupons: New Way to Boost up the Sales of Your Business
- - Private penthouse for sale Surin beach
- - Trump takes dig at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - China condemns Germany for sheltering HK activists
- - Trump digs at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - Experts: Combine US, S. Korean Missile Systems to Boost Defense vs. North
- - Election of Chuan Leekpai as House Speaker shows rifts in both power blocs
- - Mixed reactions to NCPO departure: Nida Poll
- - Searching for Coral That's Resistant to Climate Change