Philippines Informs China of Grounded Frigate Amid Sea Feud
Two officials say the Philippines has notified China about a Philippine navy frigate that ran aground in the South China Sea to avoid any misunderstanding because the incident happened near a hotly disputed region. The Philippine military said the BRP Gregorio del Pilar ran aground during a routine patrol Wednesday night in the vicinity of Half Moon Shoal, which is called Hasa Hasa in the Philippines, adding that its crew was unhurt. The barren shoal is on the eastern edge of the disputed Spratly archipelago. The Philippine officials said Friday China was informed of the accident through its military attache in Manila. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss the issue publicly. Two Philippine tugboats are en route to extricate the frigate.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Philippines Informs China of Grounded Frigate Amid Sea Feud, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Friday, 31 August, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! ‘David vs. Goliath’ in South China Sea: Beijing must take us seriously, say ex-Philippine officials seeking ICC probe into Xi Jinping SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - The two former Philippines officials asking the International Criminal Court to investigate Chinese President Xi Jinping for his “crimes against humanity” in the South China Sea say their aim is...
- Vote! ‘David vs. Goliath’ in South China Sea: Beijing must take us seriously, ex-Philippine officials seeking ICC probe into Xi Jinping say SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - The two former Philippines officials asking the International Criminal Court to investigate Chinese President Xi Jinping for his“crimes against humanity” in the South China Sea say their aim is to...
- Vote! To reclaim Philippines from Beijing’s grasp, US must look beyond the South China Sea SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - International talk about the Philippines often focuses on the South China Sea and disputes that the country has with China. Speculation then follows about the character of, and sometimes controversial...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - UN seeks to move thousands of Rohingya to island
- - The military-sponsored General Election of Thailand
- - Italy, China Sign Pact Deepening Economic Ties
- - Rights of ‘ordinary people’ in focus as 1 bln vote in Asia
- - Will Asian economies dominate the world in 2050?
- - Pakistan calls for peace with India as it shows off military might at Republic Day parade
- - Parties gear up campaigns on last day
- - EC warns against ballot selfies and betting
- - Judgement day has arrived
- - “Support good people to rule this country,” says King of Thailand on eve of election.