Philippines: Duterte tests negative for cancer but must ease off booze
AFTER a brief health scare last week, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte says he has tested negative for cancer, but doctors said he must cease drinking alcohol due to a “badly eroded” colon. “If you mean was I found positive of cancer? No, it’s not the colon. It’s my Barret’s [esophagus]. It’s badly eroded and I was told to stop drinking years ago,” Duterte told reporters on Tuesday, as quoted by ABS-CBN News. “As of late, I went back to the habit. I don’t know for one reason or another, I just like to drink. Now actually, before I sleep, even if I’m alone, I have three shots before I sleep,” he added. “I’m not cancerous so don’t be afraid to come near me.” Duterte added a biopsy done last week shows he does not have cancer, after calls from the public for information after the 73-year-old missed two official events... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Philippines: Duterte tests negative for cancer but must ease off booze, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington
- Older News
- Vote! Duterte wants to rename the Philippines Bangkok Post (6 days ago) - MANILA: Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is advocating to change the nation’s name one day to...
- Vote! Rodrigo Duterte again channels late dictator Ferdinand Marcos by calling for Philippines’ name to be changed SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte will need to change the constitution to adopt a new name...