Philippines' Duterte eyes arms deals on Israel trip
MANILA: Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday left for a visit to Israel and Jordan, pursuing a pivot away from his nation's long-time reliance on American military hardware and support.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Philippines' Duterte eyes arms deals on Israel trip, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Bangkok Post - Sunday, 2 September, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! How a swarm of Chinese fishing vessels could swamp Duterte’s effort to strengthen Philippines-China ties SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (7 days ago) - “If you touch it … I will tell my soldiers [to] ‘prepare for suicide missions’,” Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte warned China amid the countries’ latest brewing dispute over a land...
- Vote! As the South China Sea dispute heats up, China must not belittle Duterte’s hand of friendship SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (7 days ago) - One of the more successful regional relationships that China has pursued in the past few years is with the Philippines. Before Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte was elected in May 2016,...
- Vote! ‘Almost an invasion’: Protesters in Philippines slam Duterte for weak response over disputes in South China Sea SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (7 days ago) - Protesters descended on the Chinese embassy in Manila on Tuesday to oppose China’s growing sway in the Philippines, as tensions continue to rise over Beijing’s presence in the contested South...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Evangelical Group Says Laos Has Deported 3 American Missionaries
- - Thailand busts 'seasteading' effort by American
- - Wildfire contained at Phromthep Cape, fire warning re-issued
- - After Songkran, Phuket water reductions continue to stretch reserves until rains return
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Cobra eggs missing! Arrest in Phi Phi rape case! Worst Songkran road record? || April 18
- - 348 die in Songkran road carnage
- - How Vietnam Quietly Built up 10 Islands in Asia’s Most Disputed Sea
- - What’s China got to do with elections in India’s southernmost state?
- - North Korea’s ‘new guided weapon’ designed for ground combat, not a ballistic missile, says South’s military
- - Japan’s trying to fight gambling addiction ahead of casinos’ expected arrival