Pattaya is BOOMING! 100% New Year occupancy points to great times ahead, tourism official
Sophon quoted a leading business and tourism official as saying that Pattaya was booming and only good times are ahead for the resort. New Year was a fantastic success with all the shows and giveaways and the upcoming events meant that family friendly Pattaya was all systems go and just boom boom into the future. By this he meant economic boom. Ekkasit Ngamphichet – the chief of the Business and Tourism Association of Pattaya – said that New Year was simply wonderful in Pattaya. Occupancy reports suggest that hotels were crammed to virtually 100% of available rooms. Chinese and Japanese people in particular arrived in droves – especially the F.I.T. tourists. These are the “free independent travelers” not on group tours that are increasing selecting Pattaya as their destination of choice. Ekkasit said that Pattaya had organised two full days of breathtaking events at New Year to attract tourists. Highlight was the giving away of a million baht pick-up on New Year’s Eve by Mono 29. This all points the way to a great future, he said. He pointed out that the fun never stops in Pattaya and events such as the official opening of the new beach, the Pattaya Music Festival and the International Fireworks (to name but three) would keep both Thai and western tourists flooding in. In addition preparations and events would be held this year ahead of 2020’s “60th Anniversary of Pattaya” that promises to be a further reason to come to the resort. Sophon’s upbeat report followed a negative one a few days ago when they said that the Bali Hai area of town was a filthy mess with litter floating in the harbor and the authorities doing nothing to collect it. Thai Visa / Sophon Cable The post Pattaya is BOOMING! 100% New... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Pattaya is BOOMING! 100% New Year occupancy points to great times ahead, tourism official, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 7 January
- Older News
- Vote! TAT to promote Isan provinces as sports tourism destinations Thailand Business News (Yesterday) - The Great Mekong Bike Ride 2019, scheduled from 28-30 June, is ready to welcome more than 2,000 Thai and foreign road race cyclists and elevate the awareness of Thailand’s Northeast...
- Vote! Reconstructed Pattaya Beach officially opened Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - PHOTOS: Pattaya Unlimited | Pattaya Mail The Thai Transport Minister and senior marine-management officials have hailed the rebuilding of Pattaya Beach as a great success at the official opening of...
- Vote! Pattaya International Music Festival 2019 – Make it a date Phuket Gazette (5 days ago) - This year the annual Pattaya Music Festival takes place on June 14 and 15 along Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya. Dates were postponed to June, instead of March as in previous...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Ocean view Condo for sale Patong
- - Organizers say nearly 2 million march in Hong Kong protest calling for top official to quit
- - Massive demonstration chokes Hong Kong as extradition anger boils
- - Massive power outage hits Argentina, Uruguay
- - Indian magician Jadugar Mandrake missing after Ganges escape stunt goes wrong
- - UK announces $215 million food, water and medical help for Afghanistan
- - Malaysian minister: China must treat Southeast Asian neighbours ‘exceedingly well’ to prove its rise is peaceful
- - China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s deafening silence is sign of his Beijing dilemma
- - Taylor Swift's new video features Ellen, RuPaul and more
- - Malaysia’s Mahathir Mohamad blasts Britain over palm oil hypocrisy, asks about Robin Hood