Pakistani Taliban Confirms 21 Members Killed in Afghanistan by US Drone
The outlawed Pakistani Taliban has confirmed the killing of 21 of its members in an American drone strike in neighboring Afghanistan this past Wednesday. The attack in the eastern Afghan border province of Kunar targeted a training camp of the so-called Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, or TTP, where would-be suicide bombers were being trained, according to Afghan officials and Pakistani intelligence sources. Officials said several militant commanders and the "master trainer" at the facility were among the slain men preparing to launch suicide attacks in Pakistan. A TTP statement issued Friday confirmed that a teenage son of the group's chief, Mullah Fazlullah, also was killed, and the terror group vowed to avenge the deadly strike. The militant group claimed the U.S. drone hit a "madrassa” or religious seminary and those killed were “students and teachers.” The militant confirmation comes a day after the United States announced it was offering a $5 million... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Pakistani Taliban Confirms 21 Members Killed in Afghanistan by US Drone, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Young doctor eyes poll win
- - Carlos Ghosn makes new request for bail, offering up passports and Nissan stock as collateral
- - Trump, Pelosi again butt heads over shutdown
- - Spurs squeak by Fulham, City win handily
- - U.S. Senator Graham urges Trump to meet Pakistan PM Khan
- - ‘Lub d’ Chaweng beach Koh Samui
- - World's Oldest Living Man Dies
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Baht adds to challenges for Thai economy in 2019
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Afghanistan's Ghani launches bid for second presidential term REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani on Sunday entered the 2019 presidential race after forging an alliance...
- Vote! Families in Afghanistan's north seek shelter as Taliban ups pressure REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - Dozens of families displaced from their homes in the northern province of Sar-e Pul by...
- Vote! Car bomb attack kills eight security force members in Afghanistan's south REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Today) - A car bomb attack on a convoy of the governor of Afghanistan's southern Logar province...