Pakistan Says 27 Taliban, Haqqani Militants Handed Over to Afghanistan
Pakistan disclosed Tuesday it recently extradited 27 suspected Taliban and Haqqani militants to Afghanistan as part of an effort to stop insurgents from using Pakistani soil for cross-border terrorist activities, information Islamabad kept confidential until now. The disclosure comes amid growing accusations the Afghan Taliban and its allied Haqqani network of militants used Pakistani soil for plotting recent bombings in Kabul that killed and wounded hundreds of people. It also comes before U.S. President Donald Trump's State of the Union speech in which he is expected to mention terrorist sanctuaries in Pakistan. Pakistani Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Faisal said the group of suspected militants was handed over to Afghan custody in November. "Pakistan continues to push any suspected TTA (the Afghan Taliban) and HN (Haqqani network) elements to prevent them from using our soil for any terrorist activity in Afghanistan," Faisal added. Afghan authorities were not available to respond to... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Pakistan Says 27 Taliban, Haqqani Militants Handed Over to Afghanistan, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Analysis: China Pulling out All Stops in Canada Tensions
- - Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais
- - Exclusive: Sri Lanka says has $300 million loan offer from Bank of China, may increase to $1 billion
- - Top court orders compensation for Myanmar workers
- - Belarus Model Arrested for Thai Sex Seminar Pleads Guilty
- - 'Made in China 2025' Feels Trade War Pinch
- - Germany hold 'Iran spy' over Afghan ops
- - US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand
- - “What do you expect us to do? – Police do nothing after pervert intrudes into Lampang woman’s bedroom
- - China Warns Citizens About Travel to Canada
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Taliban threatens to pull out of peace talks with U.S. REUTERS ASIA NEWS (Yesterday) - The Taliban on Tuesday threatened to stall peace talks with the United States if they...
- Older News
- Vote! Afghan Taliban claim responsibility for deadly Kabul car bomb attack REUTERS ASIA NEWS (2 days ago) - The Taliban claimed responsibility on Tuesday for a car bomb attack near a heavily fortified...
- Vote! Taliban talks: Pakistan arrest 'sends militants message' BBC News Asia (2 days ago) - Sources in the group tell the BBC the arrest of a senior member is meant...