Outgoing Philippine labour official Jalilo Dela Torre urges domestic workers in Hong Kong to go for more health checks
Outspoken Filipino labour attaché Jalilo Dela Torre, who is expected to leave Hong Kong this month for a new posting in Saudi Arabia, has urged the city’s domestic workers to get medical check-ups after health problems led the number of complaints the consulate received last year.A free medical check-up programme was launched by Dela Torre’s office in November. It has mostly been run by nurses who volunteer, but at least one doctor is expected to join the team at the end of this month as well…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Outgoing Philippine labour official Jalilo Dela Torre urges domestic workers in Hong Kong to go for more health checks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Monday, 25 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong court overturns Tsang's misconduct conviction Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: A Hong Kong court on Wednesday threw out former Chief Executive Donald Tsang's conviction for misconduct relating to a property deal while in office....
- Older News
- Vote! Pakistan insists on Qatar World Cup workers’ rights ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (2 days ago) - PAKISTAN will insist on proper labour rights for an army of its citizens working on Qatar’s football World Cup infrastructure, the country’s foreign minister said Monday, after repeated reports of...
- Vote! Ex-officials criticise Duterte administration’s soft approach towards China, as Philippine foreign ministry cancels diplomatic passports SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - The Philippine foreign ministry’s decision to cancel all courtesy diplomatic passports after a former top diplomat using the document was turned away from Hong Kong has sparked incredulity and anger,...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - TAT chief blames high baht and lack of Europeans for drop in Thai tourism
- - 75 tonnes of marijuana and Kratom destroyed in Nakhon Phanom
- - Bank of Thailand eyes measures to curb hot money
- - Police chief transferred for allowing prostitution in Pattaya, foreign bar owners deported and blacklisted
- - In NATO Debut, New Pentagon Chief Aims to ‘Internationalize' Iran Effort
- - Eneco Holdings, Inc. to Spark Fuel Revolution with Low-Price, High-Concentration, Scalable Hydrogen-generation Technology
- - Georgian Parliament Elects Ruling Party Candidate as New Speaker
- - Argentine Official, in China, Talks Nuclear Deal and Soymeal
- - Rescue team delivers baby girl in tuk-tuk stuck in Phuket traffic jam
- - Three arrested with over 12,000 meth pills and crystal meth in Thalang, Phuket