Orangutan Shot with Air Gun 130 Times in 2nd Borneo Killing
A male orangutan on the Indonesian portion of Borneo died after being shot at least 130 times with an air gun and apparently being stabbed and clubbed, in the second known killing of a critically endangered orangutan this year. Villagers spotted the wounded orangutan in a lake in the Kutai Timur district of East Kalimantan province on Sunday. Local police chief Teddy Ristiawan said Wednesday that the great ape was still alive when he was taken Monday to a hospital in the town of Bontang. A statement from the Center for Orangutan Protection said the orangutan died early Tuesday. An X-ray showed at least 130 air gun pellets in its body, including more than 70 in its head, the center said. It said an autopsy found the animal had been blinded as a result of the shooting and also had 17 open wounds believed to be caused by sharp objects.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Orangutan Shot with Air Gun 130 Times in 2nd Borneo Killing, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Thailand 'ready to meet the Dragons'
- - Thai Buddhist monks killed in temple shooting
- - China: 'No need' to practice penalties for Thailand match
- - Trump: US 'Made a Lot of Progress' With N. Korea
- - Hakeem al-Araibi: calls grow for inquiry into police role in refugee footballer's arrest
- - Eye on Vietnam, The New Electronics Manufacturing Hub
- - Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China
- - ‘Don’t cry’: Serena Consoles Australian Open Foe; Halep Next
- - Humanitarian Issues to Figure Prominently at Davos Forum
- - World's Oldest Living Man Dies
- Older News
- Vote! Man arrested after killing five family members in Uttaradit Phuket Gazette (5 days ago) - PHOTO: Khaosod A man who shot his pregnant wife, parents-in-law and two other relatives to...