Orangutan shot 130 times in second killing reported in Indonesia this year
A SECOND orangutan has been found killed in Indonesian Borneo in as many months, this time shot more than 100 times with a pellet gun, a conservation group has reported. An X-ray on the Bornean orangutan that died in East Kalimantan province on Feb 6 revealed 130 pellets in its body. Authorities carrying out an autopsy managed to recover 48 of them, according to a statement from conservation NGO Centre for Orangutan Protection (COP). Most of the pellets were located in the animal’s head; it had also been shot multiple times in the arms, legs and torso. The total number of pellets found is “the most ever in the history of human-and-orangutan conflicts in Indonesia,” COP habitat protection manager Ramadhani said. SEE ALSO: The eighth great ape: New species of orangutan discovered The critically endangered ape was found barely alive on Feb 5 by officials from the Kutai National Park Agency,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Orangutan shot 130 times in second killing reported in Indonesia this year, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018
- - Vampire bat breakthrough shows bloodsuckers could save lives
- - Asia stocks trade higher as China says its economy grew 6.6 percent in 2018
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- Older News
- Vote! Man arrested after killing five family members in Uttaradit Phuket Gazette (6 days ago) - PHOTO: Khaosod A man who shot his pregnant wife, parents-in-law and two other relatives to...