Operation launched to seize back encroached land built with resorts on Koh Samui and Koh Pha-ngan
A combined force of military personnel, police, local and forest officials launched an operation on Pha-ngan island on Monday to reclaim state land which were illegally occupied and developed into resorts by encroachers. The operation launch followed investigation reports, showing that about 19 resorts on the island were illegally built on state land. The combined force inspected the Big Chill resort located on Khao Hin Nok, village on in Tambon Koh Pha-ngan, and found out that there were nine bungalows on a four-rai plot of land, but the resort owner, Mr Thawil Danviriyakul, could not produce any official document to prove his ownership of the land. Thawil was then charged with encroachment of state land. Earlier, Mr Prasob Tuaycharoen, a kamnan of Tambon Ban Tai and owner of Rin Beach Resort, was charged with encroachment of state land for building 18 shelters on one-rai plot of land. Pol Gen Srivara... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Operation launched to seize back encroached land built with resorts on Koh Samui and Koh Pha-ngan, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Malaysia Upholds Ban on Israeli Athletes from Taking Part in Swimming Competition
- - Thai hotel staff head home after surviving Nairobi terrorism
- - Peace talks with Taliban will happen soon: U.S. envoy
- - China to face Thailand Sunday at Asian Cup
- - Goldman boss apologises for 1MDB scandal
- - Kisenosato, Japan's last remaining sumo champion, retires
- - Phuket maid caught hiding 2,600 meth pills, 3kg of cannabis in client’s house
- - Swedish tourist rescued at Patong Beach
- - Air quality for Thailand – January 17
- - ‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! ‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water Samui Times (Yesterday) - A British businessman on Koh Samui ran foul of the law Wednesday for innovating in...
- Older News
- Vote! Koh Tao, AKA Death Island strikes again with yet another tourist death Samui Times (4 days ago) - Koh Tao, that has become notorious for tourist deaths, has struck again, this time with...
- Vote! Phuket residents vote against U-turn flyover The Phuket News (4 days ago) - PHUKET: Local residents have voted not to have a U-turn flyover built over Thepkrasattri Rd...