Old Phuket Town underground cable works to be completed by August
The project to hide the unsightly over-head cables around Old Phuket Town is due to be completed in August this year. The Phuket City Mayor says there will be inconvenience to traffic in Old Phuket Town while the works are underway installing underground cabling in the remaining streets. Read more about the progress of the works HERE. The Phuket Provincial Public Works and Town and Country Planning Chief Tawee Homhuan says, “All electric cables on Phang Nga Road have already been moved underground but some other television cables are still on power poles.” “It is expected that all cables will be moved underground during June. Cables on Rassada Road will be moved underground during August. So the Old Phuket Town underground project will be finished this August.” The ambience of the Old Town has been substantially improved with new paving and the removal of the messy overhead cabling in recent years. The post Old Phuket Town underground cable works to be completed by August appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Old Phuket Town underground cable works to be completed by August, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Friday, 17 May
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Safety in Thailand: But it’ll take two years to put fire extinguishers in “rogue” hotels Samui Times (Yesterday) - Sophon Cable TV revealed in a story on Facebook that a staggering 70% of hotels in Pattaya are operating illegally. There are about 2,000 hotels in the resort. And many...
- Older News
- Vote! Officials praise Phokeethra Gallery art expo in Phuket Town The Phuket News - Community (4 days ago) - PHUKET: Phuket officials today lauded the official opening of the second installment of the “Phokeethra Gallery” art exhibition, now on show at the Novotel Phuket Phokeethra Hotel in Phuket Town...
- Vote! True 'won't monopolise' cable project Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has dismissed accusations it has allowed True Corporation to monopolise its underground cable project, saying the telecom operator will only lease cable conduits, not operate...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Teaching artificial intelligence to connect senses like vision and touch
- - Tourism still wounded one year on from Phoenix disaster
- - Analysts Unsure Why General Killed Amhara Region President
- - Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran
- - House Looks Set to Pass Emergency Funding Bill for Migrants
- - Fiance of Slain Journalist Khashoggi Calls for Global Criminal Probe
- - Trump Imposes New Iran Sanctions Targeting Khamenei
- - Cambodia charges 4 Chinese after building collapse killed 28
- - More than 6,000 foreigners prosecuted for taking Thai jobs and illegal working in the last year
- - Four Chinese charged over Cambodian building collapse that killed 28 people in Sihanoukville