North Korea's Kim to Meet with Russian President Putin
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Russian President Vladimir Putin are to meet later this month in Moscow. The Kremlin announcement was made Thursday after North Korea said it tested a new tactical weapon armed with a "powerful warhead." The Kremlin did not provide details of the Putin-Kim summit, but said it had planned the meeting for months. Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump have held two summits as part of an ongoing effort to denuclearize North Korea, but the efforts have stalled. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said earlier U.S. presidential advisor Fiona Hill met in Moscow with her Russian counterpart, Yuri Ushakov. The U.S. State Department said the U.S. special envoy for North Korea, Stephen Biegun, was also in Moscow. Russia and North Korea have relatively warm relations and Putin has long expressed a willingness to meet with Kim. The last meeting between the leaders of the two countries occurred in 2011, when Kim's father, the late Kim Jong Il, met in Siberia with then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, North Korea's Kim to Meet with Russian President Putin, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Thursday, 18 April
- Older News
- Vote! US North Korea Envoy to Visit Japan, South Korea Next Week VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The U.S. special envoy for North Korea will travel to Japan and South Korea next week to coordinate efforts to secure the denuclearization of North Korea, the State Department said...
- Vote! North Korea's Kim Oversaw Test-firing of New Weapon Again VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un oversaw the test-firing of a new weapon again on Friday morning, state media KCNA said on Saturday.North Korea launched at least two short-range ballistic...
- Vote! Kim Jong-un expresses ‘great satisfaction’ over North Korean weapons tests SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - North Korea on Saturday said its leader Kim Jong-un had supervised another test-firing of an unspecified new weapon that extended a streak of weapons demonstrations seen as an attempt to...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Suicide Bomb Rips Through Wedding Party in Kabul
- - Far-right, Antifa Face Off in Oregon City, Vow to Return
- - Trump Says Will Likely Release Mideast Peace Plan After Israeli Elections
- - Apple CEO Warns Trump About China Tariffs, Samsung Competition
- - How the US-China currency war will impact Indonesia
- - Asia stocks gain as Treasury yields bounce higher
- - Koh Samui opts for luring Thais as foreigners flee
- - US and China seeking to revive trade talks: Trump advisor
- - Crackdown in Hong Kong would harm trade deal: Trump
- - Lower car sales on the cards