North Korea's Kim to Meet with Russian President Putin
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and Russian President Vladimir Putin are to meet later this month in Moscow. The Kremlin announcement was made Thursday after North Korea said it tested a new tactical weapon armed with a "powerful warhead." The Kremlin did not provide details of the Putin-Kim summit, but said it had planned the meeting for months. Kim and U.S. President Donald Trump have held two summits as part of an ongoing effort to denuclearize North Korea, but the efforts have stalled. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said earlier U.S. presidential advisor Fiona Hill met in Moscow with her Russian counterpart, Yuri Ushakov. The U.S. State Department said the U.S. special envoy for North Korea, Stephen Biegun, was also in Moscow. Russia and North Korea have relatively warm relations and Putin has long expressed a willingness to meet with Kim. The last meeting between the leaders of the two countries occurred in 2011, when Kim's father, the late Kim Jong Il, met in Siberia with then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, North Korea's Kim to Meet with Russian President Putin, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Thursday, 18 April
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Donald Trump plays golf with Japan PM Shinzo Abe after dismissing North Korea’s launch of ‘some small weapons’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - US President Donald Trump teed off Sunday with “golf buddy” Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as the pair relaxed before official talks likely to touch on trade and North Korea.On...
- Vote! Trump in Tokyo Downplays Concern About North Korea VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - U.S. President Donald Trump and his national security adviser are publicly at odds about the seriousness of the threat currently posed by North Korea. In a Sunday morning tweet from...
- Vote! Donald Trump and ‘golf buddy’ Shinzo Abe hit the fairway before talks on Japan-US trade and North Korea SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - US President Donald Trump teed off Sunday with “golf buddy” Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as the pair relaxed before official talks likely to touch on trade and North Korea.On...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Narendra Modi scores a remarkable election victory
- - Deals and Coupons: New Way to Boost up the Sales of Your Business
- - Private penthouse for sale Surin beach
- - Trump takes dig at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - China condemns Germany for sheltering HK activists
- - Trump digs at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - New election being held in Chiang Mai's Constituency 8
- - Cambodia puts circular economy in motion
- - Drug suspect shot dead while out on bail
- - China digs in for protracted trade fight with US