North Korean Defector: Trump Sent Warning to Kim in State of Union Address
A North Korean double amputee who fled North Korea on crutches says President Donald Trump sent a warning when he spoke of human rights violations in North Korea. During Tuesday night's State of the Union address, Trump said, "No regime has oppressed its own citizens more totally or brutally than the cruel dictatorship in North Korea. ... We need only look at the depraved character of the North Korean regime to understand the nature of the nuclear threat it could pose to America and our allies." That Trump's speech recognized human rights violations in North Korea, using Ji Seong-ho as an example, "will be meaningful to the people of North Korea," Ji said. "It probably will come as a big threat to the North Korean regime." Ji, who waved a pair of wooden crutches as Trump acknowledged him, said he was "deeply moved" and "honored" to be mentioned by the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, North Korean Defector: Trump Sent Warning to Kim in State of Union Address, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Human error and outdated IT led to Hakeem al-Araibi's detention, says border force official
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Pulwama attack: India warns of backlash against Kashmiri Muslims
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Seven killed in new Kashmir battle
- - Taxi blames oil spill for wipeout
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! North Korea has been building a ‘socialist utopia’ in Samjiyon but it’s now running short on labour SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - In January, thousands of North Korean students travelled to Mount Paektu, a sacred mountain where...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula? ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (Today) - FOR MORE than a year there has been a flurry of diplomatic activity on the...
- Vote! Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe refuses to deny nominating Donald Trump for Nobel Prize SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his chief spokesman have declined to say whether Abe...