North Korea Suspends Nuclear and Long-Range Missile Tests
North Korea says it has suspended nuclear tests and plans to close its nuclear test site. The North's official Korean Central News Agency said the military is also suspending long-range missile tests and said the suspensions went into effect on Saturday. The announcement said the government is making the moves to shift its national focus and to improve the economy. The development comes less than a week before North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is set to meet South Korean President Moon Jae-in at a summit to try to end the nuclear standoff on the Korean peninsula. The United States and North Korea are planning a separate summit, although no date has been set. Following the announcement, President Trump tweeted he is looking forward to the summit. On Friday, the two Koreas opened a hotline between their leaders, ahead of the planned summit in the Demilitarized Zone on April 27.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, North Korea Suspends Nuclear and Long-Range Missile Tests, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Overstaying Spaniard arrested for handcuffing and raping Thai woman in Bangkok
- - Serial sex pest arrested in Nonthaburi – he blames Viagra
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Elephant goes wild! Phuket wildfire! Bounded body found? || Feb. 20
- - Interpol Red Notice sought for Greek suspect over Phuket beautician murder
- - Four injured as car smashes into electric pole
- - Italian tourist gored as trekking elephant goes wild
- - Big Joke: “Dark skinned foreigner” lured pre-teen boys into van for 200 baht oral sex
- - Kim Jong-un unlikely to travel exclusively by rail to Hanoi for second Trump-Kim summit: sources
- - Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
- - Uighur Australian's plea to 'save' his family in China
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Trump-Kim summit 2019: is North Korea really willing to give up its nukes? The Americans who negotiated a 1994 deal still have hope SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Robert Gallucci, the lead negotiator behind the most comprehensive denuclearisation deal ever signed with North...
- Older News
- Vote! If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Namgung Jin is anxious as he awaits the start of his military service in South...
- Vote! Donald Trump now says there’s ‘no rush’ for North Korea to give up nuclear weapons, sinking hopes that summit with Kim Jong-un will set deadlines SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he wants North Korea to end its nuclear...