North Korea Slams Biden as 'Fool of Low IQ'
SEOUL- Juhyun Lee contributed to this report. North Korean state media slammed Joe Biden as an "imbecile" and a "fool of low IQ" Wednesday, Pyongyang’s first substantial comments on the 2020 U.S. presidential election. The commentary in the state-run Korean Central News Agency criticized Biden for recently referring to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as a thug and a tyrant. "[Biden] reeled off rhetoric slandering the supreme leadership of the DPRK," KCNA said, using the acronym for North Korea’s official name. "What he uttered is just sophism of an imbecile bereft of elementary quality as a human being, let alone a politician." The statement does not represent a formal endorsement of Trump; North Korean media often lash out at world leaders who criticize members of the ruling Kim family. "What is interesting this time is that the North Koreans may be attacking who they figure is Trump’s main domestic rival to curry favor with the president," said Leif-Eric Easley, a professor at Ewha University in Seoul. Polls indicate Biden leading his Democratic rivals, as well as Trump, in the 2020 race. The former vice president often criticizes Trump’s diplomatic outreach to authoritarian leaders. He recently slammed Kim as a thug. "He's the same guy (who had) his uncle's brains blown out sitting across a desk," Biden said earlier this month, referring to Kim’s 2013 execution of his uncle and mentor, Jang Song-thaek. The un-bylined KCNA editorial did not mention Trump. But it did appear to give a nod to Trump’s newly rolled out nickname for Biden: "Sleepy Joe." "In April 2011 when the then President [Barack] Obama was in the middle of making a speech, [Biden] was fast asleep in the auditorium," the commentary said, adding Biden became a "laughing-stock of the media." Trump, who is 72 years old,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, North Korea Slams Biden as 'Fool of Low IQ', simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Wednesday, 22 May
- Older News
- Vote! Why Asean nations are reluctant to put pressure on North Korea over weapons programmes SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (7 days ago) - In the year since the historic first US-North Korea nuclear summit in Singapore, Asean countries have become unwilling to get tough on North Korea, with some eyeing economic benefits from...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, says state media says
- - Cricket: Morgan's record-breaking six-fest helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Cricket: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - Cricket: Record-breaking six-fest from Morgan helps England crush Afghanistan
- - Factbox: England's record-breaking World Cup innings against Afghanistan
- - New Focus on Innovation at Asia's Leading Event for the Tank Storage Industry
- - Award-winning film proves life in North Korea better than in ‘rotten and sick’ South, state media says
- - Xi Jinping’s state visit to North Korea aims for ‘new impetus’ in ties
- - Mains water supply outage in Kamala
- - Motorbike driver crushed by cement truck in Thalang, Phuket