North Korea, Iran Likely to Dominate Trump's Return to UN
U.S. President Donald Trump returns to the United Nations on Monday for the annual gathering of world leaders. After an international debut last year in which he threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea, many are anxious about what message he may bring this year to the U.N. General Assembly. Since last September’s war of words with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un — during which Trump memorably called Kim “Rocket Man” and Kim responded from Pyongyang, calling Trump a “dotard” — tensions have cooled dramatically and the two leaders have met amid much fanfare to discuss North Korea’s denuclearization. This year, however, Iran looks to be in Trump’s sights, with members of his administration ramping up the rhetoric ahead of the General Assembly. Tough talk U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Fox News on Wednesday that the Trump administration was “working to get Iran to behave like a normal nation”... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, North Korea, Iran Likely to Dominate Trump's Return to UN, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Airbnb witnesses 100% growth in Guest Arrivals from China this Chinese New Year
- - 1MDB scandal: former Goldman Sachs banker Robert Ng returning to US to face charges
- - Pakistan rejects links to attack in Indian controlled Kashmir
- - The Retail Summit officially opens
- - Big Joke: Romance Scammers will now be scared of the law!
- - US–South Korea military negotiations could cost the alliance
- - Kashmir car bomb kills 44; India demands Pakistan act against militants
- - Gully boys: The defiant street rappers telling India's story
- - Asia stocks slip following fears of slowing US economy
- - Asia stocks set to slip following fears of slowing US economy
- Older News
- Vote! US commander in Asia Philip Davidson admits North Korea probably won’t give up all its nuclear weapons, as new Trump-Kim summit looms SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Weeks before a second summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim...
- Vote! The second Trump-Kim summit will boost North Korea. Could it gain even more from Vietnam? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - As Vietnam prepares to host the second summit between Kim Jong-un and United States President...
- Vote! North Korea nuclear talks: Hanoi to host Trump summit with Kim BBC News Asia (6 days ago) - Modern US relations with Vietnam are seen as a model for better ties with North...