North Korea Has Broad but Optimistic Reaction to Kim-Trump Summit
The first official reaction from the Kim regime on the Singapore summit with U.S. President Donald Trump is trickling in and initial comments are broad and optimistic. "Kim Jong Un and Trump had the shared recognition to the effect that is important to abide by the principle of step-by-step and simultaneous action in achieving peace, stability and denuclearization of the Korean peninsula," said a statement from North Korea's official news agency. It quoted Kim directly as saying if the U.S. takes "genuine measures for building trust," he would take "additional goodwill measures of next stage commensurate with them." No details of what those steps would be were given. Kim was also quoted as saying it is "urgent" that both the North and U.S. "make a bold decision on halting irritating and hostile military actions against each other," while mentioning Trump's pledge to halt U.S. war games with the South. The state-run news agency mentioned that Kim invited Trump to Pyongyang while Trump invited him to Washington, and said both accepted the other's invitation as "another important occasion for improved relations."... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, North Korea Has Broad but Optimistic Reaction to Kim-Trump Summit, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Tuesday, 12 June, 2018
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! North Korea Slams Biden as 'Fool of Low IQ' VOA NEWS (Today) - SEOUL- Juhyun Lee contributed to this report. North Korean state media slammed Joe Biden as an "imbecile" and a "fool of low IQ" Wednesday, Pyongyang’s first substantial comments on the...
- Older News
- Vote! North Korea urges UN chief to act against ‘gangster’ US after ship seizure SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - North Korea denounced the United States as “a gangster country” for seizing one of its cargo ships and urged UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to take “urgent measures” to contribute to...
- Vote! North Korea Asks UN to Address Ship Seizure by ‘Gangster’ US VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - North Korea has asked United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to deal with the “illegal” seizure of one of its cargo ships by the United States, state media said Saturday. “This...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thai Wah Public Company Limited Acquired 33.3% Shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited from Japan Corn Starch, Tokyo Japan
- - NIPPON Platform Has Established the Ninth Overseas Branch "NIPPON Platform OÜ" in Estonia
- - 23 bedroom Patong Guest House for lease
- - Slow loris tout arrested at Karon
- - Will Shinzo Abe’s ‘personal chemistry’ with Donald Trump prevent bust-up over trade during US president’s state visit to Japan?
- - 37 bedroon Patong Hotel For Sale
- - “Happy” the drink driving monk tells cops he thought the alcohol was “medicine”
- - Private hospital in trouble for charging Bt30,000 for diarrhoea
- - Tragic Phoenix goes up for auction
- - Prabowo Subianto tells supporters to go home and rest after Indonesian riots over election results leave six dead