North Korea a No-Show for Talks With US on Korean War Dead
North Korea failed to show up Thursday for talks with U.S. officials on returning the remains of American war dead from the Korean War in the early 1950s, a new sign of tension between the two countries. American officials had expected North Korean negotiators to appear for discussions at the Korean Peninsula's demilitarized zone after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo thought he had reached an agreement for a meeting when he held discussions last week in Pyongyang about North Korea's pledge to end its nuclear weapons program. But U.S. Defense Department and United Nations Command officials were left waiting in the DMZ's Joint Security Area, with no immediate explanation for the North Korean absence, according to South Korean's Yonhap news agency and U.S. officials who spoke to CNN and The Washington Post. "We were ready," one official said. "It just didn't happen. They didn't show." South Korea's Foreign Ministry said...
If you wish to read the full news article, North Korea a No-Show for Talks With US on Korean War Dead, simply click on
'Read full story' below, but give us a 'LIKE' or share 1st