North Korea’s ailing economy illustrates toll taken by sanctions as hermit kingdom experiences worst downturn since 1990s famine
How much are sanctions hurting Kim Jong-un? North Korea’s economy has not been in such bad shape since his father was battling floods, droughts and a famine that some estimates say killed as much as 10 per cent of the population.The South Korean central bank’s annual report on its northern neighbour – due for release later this month – will provide a fresh look at the impact of US President Donald Trump’s pressure campaign just as the two sides prepare to restart talks. Although North Korea’s…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, North Korea’s ailing economy illustrates toll taken by sanctions as hermit kingdom experiences worst downturn since 1990s famine, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Tuesday, 16 July
- Older News
- Vote! North Korea Tests Another Missile, Violating Pledge to Trump VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - North Korea has conducted another missile launch, violating an apparent promise to U.S. President Donald Trump to refrain from such tests after the conclusion of U.S.-South Korean military exercises. ...
- Vote! North Korea to US: Ready for ‘Dialogue or Confrontation’ VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - North Korea warned the United States Friday it is “ready for dialogue or confrontation,” stressing it can be “America’s biggest threat” for a long time to come.In a message on...
- Vote! Zimbabwe's Rights Abuses May Dent Hope of Lifting Sanctions VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - Activists and the main opposition party in Zimbabwe say the country is not ready for the end of U.S. and European sanctions, accusing the government of continued human rights violations....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Sudan PM Seeks End toCountry's Pariah Status
- - Trump at Odds with G-7 Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Iran's Envoy Makes Surprise Visit at Site of G-7 Summit
- - Former Illinois Congressman Challenges Trump for Republican Presidential Nomination
- - Placido Domingo to Perform for First Time Since Accusations
- - Elizabeth Warren's Rise Started by Looking at the Bottom
- - Extinction Bites: Countries Agree to Protect Sharks, Rays
- - At G-7, Trump at Odds with Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Tropical Storm Watch Issued for Barbados as Dorian Nears
- - White House: Trump Wishes He'd Boosted China Tariffs Higher