NOB chief: Five senior monks implicated in temple fund scandal are still innocent
Five senior monks, including three members of the Sangha Supreme Council, who were implicated in alleged temple fund embezzlement are still innocent, said Pol Lt-Col Pongporn Pramsaneh, director of the National Office of Buddhism, on Friday (April 20). In his capacity as the secretary of the Sangha Supreme Council, told a brief press conference that he had no bias against the five senior monks and the charges against them were based on evidence. Pol Lt-Col Pongporn said he was assigned by the council to meet with the media. He maintained that he had the duty to investigate the case and the charges against the monks did not make them guilty because the case is still pending in the inquiry stage, adding that the National Anti-Corruption Commission has not started its investigation into the case. The three Sangha Supreme Council members implicated in the temple fund embezzlement scandal are Phra Promdilok,... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, NOB chief: Five senior monks implicated in temple fund scandal are still innocent, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Overstaying Spaniard arrested for handcuffing and raping Thai woman in Bangkok
- - Serial sex pest arrested in Nonthaburi – he blames Viagra
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Elephant goes wild! Phuket wildfire! Bounded body found? || Feb. 20
- - Interpol Red Notice sought for Greek suspect over Phuket beautician murder
- - Four injured as car smashes into electric pole
- - Italian tourist gored as trekking elephant goes wild
- - Big Joke: “Dark skinned foreigner” lured pre-teen boys into van for 200 baht oral sex
- - Kim Jong-un unlikely to travel exclusively by rail to Hanoi for second Trump-Kim summit: sources
- - Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
- - Uighur Australian's plea to 'save' his family in China
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Malaysia will try former Goldman Sachs banker Roger Ng over 1MDB scandal before allowing extradition to US SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Malaysia may postpone the extradition to the United States of a former Goldman Sachs banker...
- Older News
- Vote! Cops crack down on criminal monks Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - The Crime Suppression Division (CSD) has added a Suphan Buri temple abbot to a list...
- Vote! Suspect in murder of two monks arrested Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - NARATHIWAT: A man suspected of involvement in the murder of two monks in Sungai Padi...