No Japan-US deal by the time Donald Trump and Abe Shinzo meet on Monday, economy minister Toshimitsu Motegi says
Japan and the US won’t reach a trade deal by the time President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe meet on Monday, Japan Economy Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said after talks with his US counterpart.The nations still had differences and agreed to work to close the gaps, Motegi said after nearly three hours of discussions with US Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer on Saturday in Tokyo.The two sides did not discuss contentious issues such as US threats to restrict Japanese car exports…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, No Japan-US deal by the time Donald Trump and Abe Shinzo meet on Monday, economy minister Toshimitsu Motegi says, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Saturday, 25 May
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Trump to Hold at Least 8 Bilateral Side Meetings at G-20 VOA NEWS (Today) - Just a month after a state visit to Japan, U.S. President Donald Trump this week heads to the East Asian country again. In Osaka, Trump will attend the Group...
- Vote! China Hopes Trump-Xi Meeting Will Help Ease Escalating Trade War VOA NEWS (Today) - China hopes an upcoming meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping will help build trust and deescalate the trade war between the world's two largest economies.The...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Would Donald Trump really abandon ‘one-sided’ defence pact with Japan? Insiders suggest he’s discussed it privately SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - US President Donald Trump has recently mused to confidants about withdrawing from a long-standing defence treaty with Japan he thinks treats the US unfairly, according to three people familiar with...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Teaching artificial intelligence to connect senses like vision and touch
- - Tourism still wounded one year on from Phoenix disaster
- - Trump Imposes New Iran Sanctions Targeting Khamenei
- - Cambodia charges 4 Chinese after building collapse killed 28
- - More than 6,000 foreigners prosecuted for taking Thai jobs and illegal working in the last year
- - Four Chinese charged over Cambodian building collapse that killed 28 people in Sihanoukville
- - US: Once-Secret Jeffrey Epstein Sex Offender Deal Must Stand
- - Analysts Unsure Why General Killed Amhara Region President
- - Trump Ratchets Up Verbal Attacks on Iran
- - House Looks Set to Pass Emergency Funding Bill for Migrants