Nine Burmese migrants die in van crash inferno
Nine Burmese labourers have died this morning (Sunday) when the passenger van carrying them smashed into a roadside tree and caught fire in Kamphaeng Phet, in the central-west of Thailand. Six others on board, including the Thai van driver, were injured. Firefighters extinguished the fire that engulfed the van on Paholyothin Road in Khlong Khlung district, only to find the nine people that had died inside, huddled together in the front seats as they were struggling to escape. Forensics specialists gathered evidence at the scene and will interview the survivors to try and determine the cause of the accident. Preliminary examination suggested the crash occurred in heavy rain either because the driver lost control on the slippery road surface or fell asleep behind the wheel. Several fatal accidents have taken place on the same section of road, which is so long and straight that drivers are prone to be less alert or even fall asleep. It is believed that the van might have been on its way to return Burmese nationals to a border checkpoint in Tak. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Nine Burmese migrants die in van crash inferno, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Sunday, 21 October
- Older News
- Vote! Eight migrant workers killed, two missing in Kanchanaburi road accident Samui Times (2 days ago) - Eight Myanmar migrants drowned and two others are missing presumed dead after a van they were travelling in was hit by a 10-wheel truck and both vehicles plunged into a...
- Vote! Eight Burmese migrants drown, two still missing in Kanchanaburi road crash Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - Eight Burmese migrants drowned along with two others that are missing, presumed dead, after a van they were travelling in was hit by a 10 wheel truck and both vehicles...
- Vote! At least 10 drown after van-trailer crash Bangkok Post (3 days ago) - KANCHANABURI: At least 10 people, mostly migrant workers, drowned after a 10-wheel trailer truck and a passenger van plunged into a canal following a crash in Tha Muang district around...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Results update: Pheu Thai wins most MP seats
- - Children Baby & Maternity Exhibition 2019 to Soar Entrepreneurs Improving Quality for Business Growth
- - Hanoi Kicks Off Construction Of Formula One Race Track
- - Thaksin: Election 'rigged' as allies challenge army
- - Election: The problems ahead, Tuesday
- - Rivals begin scramble for allies
- - Wisesight: Social media weighed in on election
- - Chinese Leader’s Visit to Paris Seen as Test for European Unity
- - ‘Like a festival’: Tour companies are wooing visitors to attend Modi rallies as election fever heats up
- - Mueller report fuels hopes for a US-China trade deal