New Zealand shooting: Nation gathers to honour victims of Christchurch terrorist attack, with Muslim call to prayer broadcast live
In a day without precedent, New Zealanders across the country turned out in droves on Friday to honour the 50 Muslim worshippers killed a week ago in a white supremacist attack.Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and thousands of others congregated in Hagley Park opposite the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch to observe the Muslim call to prayer at 1.30pm.Thousands more were listening in on the radio or watching on television as the event was broadcast live. The prayer was followed by two minutes of…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, New Zealand shooting: Nation gathers to honour victims of Christchurch terrorist attack, with Muslim call to prayer broadcast live, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Thursday, 21 March
- Older News
- Vote! New Zealand disarms police as terror threat level lowered a month after mosque massacre SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - New Zealand police on Wednesday ended the routine arming of frontline officers as the terrorism threat level was lowered a month after the Christchurch mosques massacre.Police and security agencies reduced...
- Vote! Children of notorious Australian terrorist reunited with grandmother in Syria refugee camp SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - After more than five years of sleepless nights, Australian grandmother Karen Nettleton has finally had a chance to embrace her orphaned grandchildren – the children of Australia’s most notorious Islamic...
- Vote! What you can do to turn the online world into a safe space ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (6 days ago) - HAVE you ever considered that what you type into Google, or the ironic memes you laugh at on Facebook, might be building a more dangerous online environment? Regulation of online...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - City edge Spurs to go top
- - Smallest baby finally goes home
- - The latest on Sri Lanka terror attack: 2 more explosions
- - Bombs kill 138, wound hundreds in Easter attacks on Sri Lanka churches, hotels
- - Sri Lanka government declares curfew, shuts down access to major social media sites
- - Pheu Thai insists it has legitimate right to form govt
- - Myanmar’s top court poised to rule on appeal of jailed Reuters journalists Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo
- - Sri Lanka bombings: Eighth explosion in Colombo as death toll hits 185 in bloody Easter Sunday attacks on churches and luxury hotels
- - Myanmar’s top court poised to rule on appeal ofjailed Reuters journalists Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo
- - Thailand, Cambodia ready to relaunch train link