New Zealand disarms police as terror threat level lowered a month after mosque massacre
New Zealand police on Wednesday ended the routine arming of frontline officers as the terrorism threat level was lowered a month after the Christchurch mosques massacre.Police and security agencies reduced the threat level from high to medium, meaning authorities judge that another attack, violent criminal behaviour, or violent protest remains “feasible” rather than “very likely”.The level is still higher than it was before the March 15 attacks, when the threat was deemed to be “low”.Prime…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, New Zealand disarms police as terror threat level lowered a month after mosque massacre, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 17 April
- Older News
- Vote! Four killed in blast at Pakistan mosque REUTERS ASIA NEWS (2 days ago) - A blast at a mosque in southwest Pakistan killed four people on Friday and wounded more than 20, police said, adding the death toll could rise. ...
- Vote! New Zealand to review laws after second letter sent from jail by Christchurch mosque attacker Brenton Tarrant emerges SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - A day after New Zealand officials apologised for mistakenly allowing an accused terrorist to send a “hateful” letter containing a white supremacist call to arms, the Corrections Department on Thursday...
- Vote! New Zealand officials admit overlooking letter sent by mosque gunman Brenton Tarrant from his maximum-security jail cell SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - New Zealand prison officials on Wednesday admitted they made a mistake by allowing an accused terrorist to send a letter that contained language that would be construed by white supremacists...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Suicide Bomb Rips Through Wedding Party in Kabul
- - Far-right, Antifa Face Off in Oregon City, Vow to Return
- - Trump Says Will Likely Release Mideast Peace Plan After Israeli Elections
- - Apple CEO Warns Trump About China Tariffs, Samsung Competition
- - How the US-China currency war will impact Indonesia
- - Asia stocks gain as Treasury yields bounce higher
- - Koh Samui opts for luring Thais as foreigners flee
- - US and China seeking to revive trade talks: Trump advisor
- - Crackdown in Hong Kong would harm trade deal: Trump
- - Lower car sales on the cards