New Zealand bans semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles in reforms to gun laws following Christchurch terror attack
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday that military-style semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles will be banned under stronger new gun laws following the terrorist attack which left 50 Muslims dead in the country’s worst mass shooting.“Now, six days after this attack, we are announcing a ban on all military style semi-automatics (MSSA) and assault rifles in New Zealand,” she said.Ardern said she expects the new law to be in place by April 11 and that a buy-back scheme…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, New Zealand bans semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles in reforms to gun laws following Christchurch terror attack, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 20 March
- Older News
- Vote! Suspect in New Zealand Mosque Shootings Charged with Terrorism VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Authorities in New Zealand have charged the self-avowed white supremacist who killed 51 worshippers at two Christchurch mosques back in March with terrorism. The single charge filed Tuesday against Australian...
- Vote! Christchurch attacker charged with terrorism: police Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - WELLINGTON: The man accused of shooting dead 51 Muslim worshippers in the Christchurch mosque attacks was formally charged with terrorism for the first time on Tuesday, New Zealand police said....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters