New Zealand bans semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles in reforms to gun laws following Christchurch terror attack
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Thursday that military-style semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles will be banned under stronger new gun laws following the terrorist attack which left 50 Muslims dead in the country’s worst mass shooting.“Now, six days after this attack, we are announcing a ban on all military style semi-automatics (MSSA) and assault rifles in New Zealand,” she said.Ardern said she expects the new law to be in place by April 11 and that a buy-back scheme…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, New Zealand bans semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles in reforms to gun laws following Christchurch terror attack, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 20 March
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! New Zealand Urged To End 'Racist' Immigration Policy VOA NEWS (Today) - Human rights advocates have urged lawmakers in New Zealand to drop regulations preventing the resettlement of refugees from Africa and the Middle East unless they already have family members living...
- Older News
- Vote! Trump Denies Telling NRA More Background Checks for Gun Buyers Are 'Off the Table' VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - President Donald Trump is denying reports he told the NRA chief that expanded background checks for gun buyers are "off the table," and now says he backs such measures.Trump spoke...
- Vote! US Anti-Gun Violence Youth Group Issues Manifesto VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - March for Our Lives, an anti-gun violence youth group that formed after a mass shooting at a Parkland, Florida high school last year, has published a six-point manifesto urging politicians...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China to Raise Tariffs on Another $75 Billion in US Goods
- - Climate change turns Greenland into strategic, economic hotspot
- - Hong Kong protesters target airport week after arrivals hall mayhem
- - UN: Myanmar Military Intended to Perpetrate Genocide Against Rohingya Muslims
- - Jewish Groups Speak Out Against Trump Immigration Policy
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Under Way
- - Crucial Round of US-Taliban Peace Talks Underway
- - US Tells Canada It's Urging China to Free Detained Canadians
- - New Sudan Sovereign Council Woman Vows to Uphold Rights of All
- - Nigerian Refugees Start Voluntary Return from Cameroon