New Year alcohol checkpoints in Pattaya – Thai netizens criticize the RTP!
Pattaya news published a story about the Pattaya police setting up alcohol checkpoints to prevent accidents caused by drink driving during the “Seven Deadly Days” at the resort. But jaded Thai netizens commenting on the story just used it as an opportunity to slam the Royal Thai Police. Few seemed concerned by the potential for accidents – the Thais were more worried about other matters. Bom JA spoke for many when she said referencing the cops: “I think you are more dangerous than the potential accidents”. Thawatchai Nasawang chipped in: “You lot are more dangerous every day of the year”. Thossaphon Janthong thought the positioning of the first checkpoint deep in the sois in the South Pattaya area was all wrong. He said: “Why not set it up on Sukhumvit Road? Down in the soi they are all tourists”. Pissanu A Kheaonga was worried about the adverse affect on tourism at New Year. He thought the cops should lay off the tourists who were only having fun. What’s the problem with a bit of drinking, after all. Khun Nai Teunsai dismissed the news story entirely saying the checkpoints were always there. The story just made it look like the cops were doing something for New Year. While others worried that blowing into an alcohol testing device would spread germs. Pakorn Techasawatwit was one of several who thought he might catch the ‘flu by sharing other people’s infections. Pattaya News said that Pol Capt Chamnan Chaisit had set up the first checkpoint. Other checkpoints including this one would check Thai and foreign tourist drivers around the resort over the December 27th to January 2nd holiday period. The checkpoints were designed to stop accidents, said the Thai media. Thai Visa / Pattaya News The post New Year alcohol checkpoints in Pattaya –... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, New Year alcohol checkpoints in Pattaya – Thai netizens criticize the RTP!, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 28 December
- Older News
- Vote! Alcohol ban again this weekend around Thailand Phuket Gazette (4 days ago) - The election is two days away. That means Thais go to the polls for the first time since 2011. It also means there will be another 24 hour alcohol ban...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 5 Killed in Shooting in China's Inner Mongolia
- - New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to meet Xi Jinping in Beijing amid tensions over Huawei
- - The most questionable election in Thai history?
- - Children Baby & Maternity Exhibition 2019 to Soar Entrepreneurs Improving Quality for Business Growth
- - Hanoi Kicks Off Construction Of Formula One Race Track
- - Thaksin: Election 'rigged' as allies challenge army
- - Who won Thailand’s election? Stand-off as military-backed Palang Pracharat and Shinawatra proxy Pheu Thai both claim victory
- - Outgoing Philippine labour official Jalilo Dela Torre urges domestic workers in Hong Kong to go for more health checks
- - Rodrigo Duterte photographed with suspected Chinese ‘drug lords’, says former narcotics official
- - 'More bumps in the road' before US-China trade deal, former Treasury Secretary Jack Lew warns