New Year alcohol checkpoints in Pattaya – Thai netizens criticize the RTP!
Pattaya news published a story about the Pattaya police setting up alcohol checkpoints to prevent accidents caused by drink driving during the “Seven Deadly Days” at the resort. But jaded Thai netizens commenting on the story just used it as an opportunity to slam the Royal Thai Police. Few seemed concerned by the potential for accidents – the Thais were more worried about other matters. Bom JA spoke for many when she said referencing the cops: “I think you are more dangerous than the potential accidents”. Thawatchai Nasawang chipped in: “You lot are more dangerous every day of the year”. Thossaphon Janthong thought the positioning of the first checkpoint deep in the sois in the South Pattaya area was all wrong. He said: “Why not set it up on Sukhumvit Road? Down in the soi they are all tourists”. Pissanu A Kheaonga was worried about the adverse affect on tourism at New Year. He thought the cops should lay off the tourists who were only having fun. What’s the problem with a bit of drinking, after all. Khun Nai Teunsai dismissed the news story entirely saying the checkpoints were always there. The story just made it look like the cops were doing something for New Year. While others worried that blowing into an alcohol testing device would spread germs. Pakorn Techasawatwit was one of several who thought he might catch the ‘flu by sharing other people’s infections. Pattaya News said that Pol Capt Chamnan Chaisit had set up the first checkpoint. Other checkpoints including this one would check Thai and foreign tourist drivers around the resort over the December 27th to January 2nd holiday period. The checkpoints were designed to stop accidents, said the Thai media. Thai Visa / Pattaya News The post New Year alcohol checkpoints in Pattaya –... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, New Year alcohol checkpoints in Pattaya – Thai netizens criticize the RTP!, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 28 December
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - China-Philippines ‘hit and run’: Duterte’s downplaying of the incident is sign of his Beijing dilemma
- - Philippine fishing boat’s sinking in South China Sea was ‘just a collision’, Duterte says
- - Strong earthquake hits southern China; injuries reported
- - Far-right motive seen in German pro-migrant official's murder
- - Book nerd PM: Prayut’s new image?
- - 'Systemic failure' of U.N. ahead of Myanmar military crackdown: review
- - World Bank lends $918 million for Pakistan tax reforms
- - Broker: Gold price poised to rebound
- - Filipinos burn Chinese flags in protest against Duterte’s ‘weak’ response to South China Sea sinking
- - Japan: a man’s world, with a record number of women running for election