New airports approved for Phuket and Chiang Mai
After four years of false starts and rumours it looks like Phuket will now get a much-needed second airport to feed the island and the surrounding region. Yesterday’s announcement by AoT (Airports of Thailand) comes after extensive studies to examine the extension of the current Phuket airport runway which is hemmed in by Thepkasattri Road at one end and the Andaman Sea at the other. The newly announced airport won’t actually be on the island. It will be in Phang Nga, north of Phuket. Bangkok Airways has been discussing the proposal with the Government of a privately run airport for Phang Nga. Bangkok Airways operate the privately owned airport on Koh Samui. It appears that the Government will build and manage the new airport through the AoT. The AoT board of directors have approved the construction of second airports for Phuket and Chiang Mai with a combined budget of 120... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, New airports approved for Phuket and Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence
- Older News
- Vote! Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more Samui Times (Yesterday) - The haze situation in urban Chiang Mai had improved by Friday morning but remained hazardous...
- Vote! Thailand loses its ‘cheap living’ reputation – Numbeo Phuket Gazette (5 days ago) - Many of Thailand’s most popular tourist and retiree destinations are becoming the most expensive places...
- Vote! Cost of living in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Chiang Mai among the highest in ASEAN Samui Times (6 days ago) - Many of the destinations popular with expats and foreign retirees to Thailand are some of...