Myanmar court charges Reuters reporters under Official Secrets Act
YANGON: Two Reuters reporters accused of breaking Myanmar's draconian secrecy law during their reporting of the Rohingya crisis must face trial, a judge ruled Monday, for an offence that carries up to 14 years in jail.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Myanmar court charges Reuters reporters under Official Secrets Act, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Bangkok Post - Monday, 9 July, 2018
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Myanmar: Reuters journalists’ rejected appeal a tragic denial of justice Prachatai (Today) - Submitted on Thu, 2019-04-25 15:55Amnesty InternationalResponding to the decision by Myanmar’s Supreme Court to uphold the conviction and seven year prison sentence of Reuters journalists Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! US Condemns Myanmar Ruling Keeping 2 Journalists Imprisoned VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - The U.S. on Wednesday condemned the Myanmar Supreme Court decision upholding the convictions of two Reuters journalists for violating the country's Official Secrets Act by uncovering the Myanmar military's massacre...
- Older News
- Vote! Myanmar Court Rejects Appeal of Reuters Journalists VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Margaret Besheer contributed to this report. Myanmar’s Supreme Court has denied the appeal of two Reuters journalists convicted of violating the country’s centuries-old Official Secrets Act. Wa Lone...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Seastead lifted ashore at Phuket port
- - Governor pushes water-shortage solutions
- - Philippines' Duterte says to sail garbage back to Canada
- - Indonesia election fraud allegations are "baseless”: minister
- - With China Defiant on Iranian Oil, Trump's Sanctions Strategy is Tested
- - Myanmar: Reuters journalists’ rejected appeal a tragic denial of justice
- - NBA wants to reach more basketball fans in China. Tencent and Bytedance may help provide the answer
- - Girl forced into relationship, 7 years later learns he's married
- - Psychiatric report will determine if snake man is charged
- - Chalong Underpass road surfacing to cause delays, project on target for end of May finish