Murder for hire: Gang paid just 5,000 baht to murder teen in drugs dispute
Sanook reported that a gang of six young men were paid just 5,000 baht to murder a 17 year old at a school football pitch in Khon Kaen. The orders came from a man known only to the gang as “Thep So-Lo”. He ordered the hit via Facebook and demanded that a video be taken to prove what had happened. The suspects in custody – whose ages range from 16 to 23 – have told police that the hit order came from a man they didn’t know but who was not paid for drugs dealt by the victim. The victim was 17 year old Kurusat who has been named under the moniker “Red Ban Toom” in the media. All the suspects have been charged with premeditated murder. Two guns, two Sparta knives and a broken baseball bat were found at the home of a 37 year old man who was not involved in the murder, reported Sanook. These items are now in the possession of the Khon Kaen police. A clip has shown feet and hand held weapons being used in the gang attack earlier this week at a well known but unnamed school at night. Meanwhile two of the suspects named only as “Bas” and “Ball” have said they were invited by elder friends to take part and felt pressured by Thai cultural mores (graeng jai) to go along. They said that they only did one kick each and it was their understanding that the victim was just going to be given a “warning” but not murdered. They apologized to the victim saying it was a mistake to kill him. They believed that when they left the scene the victim was still looking up and alive. Sanook The post Murder for hire: Gang paid just 5,000 baht to... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Murder for hire: Gang paid just 5,000 baht to murder teen in drugs dispute, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Thursday, 17 January, 2019
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! MMA fighter held in Pattaya for attempted murder in UK Bangkok Post (Today) - A British mixed martial arts fighter wanted in England on a charge of attempted murder has been arrested at a health spa in Pattaya, Chon Buri, and faces extradition....
- Older News
- Vote! Dominican's Largest Drug Trafficking Gang Dismantled After Raids, says Prosecutor VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The Dominican Republic's top prosecutor said on Tuesday that the Caribbean nation's largest drug trafficking gang has been dismantled, a group that allegedly used two former professional baseball players to...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - BMA threatens to fine repeated sidewalk riders Bt3,000
- - 3 bedroom Modern townhouses for sale Rawai
- - Hong Kong's Quietly Confrontational Protest
- - Facebook user thanks cat for unearthing husband’s hidden treasure
- - Tourism minister orders study of Pattaya as model for 4am closing time
- - New traffic law: Just taking a picture of your licence and showing on your phone is not enough
- - Noodle vendor claims they urinated in the broth “to cure muscle aches”
- - Don Mueang Airport: 20 more immigration counters to open this week
- - Are DRC, Mozambique Insurgencies a Real IS Threat? Or an Attention Grab?
- - DRC, Mozambique Insurgencies Need Local Responses, Experts Say