Motorbike driver dies after colliding with taxi in Thalang, Phuket
A motorbike driver has died after colliding with a taxi carrying Indian tourists in Thalang. Thalang Police report that they were notified of the collision at 9.35pm last night on Thepkrasattri Road in Thalang, Phuket. Police and emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the damaged motorbike and taxi on the road. The motorbike driver, 45 year old man Somjit Pimmala, was taken to the Thalang Hospital where he was later pronounced dead. The taxi driver 29 year old Prapan Chaipakdee was taken to Thalang Police Station. An alcohol breath test was conducted indicating a reading of zero. The taxi driver told police that he was carrying Indian tourists from the Phuket International Airport and heading to Patong. He claimed that the motorbike suddenly changed lanes and collided with his taxi, causing him to crash onto the road. Police are continuing the investigation including checking local CCTV cameras. The post Motorbike driver dies after colliding with taxi in Thalang, Phuket appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Motorbike driver dies after colliding with taxi in Thalang, Phuket, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Tuesday, 18 June
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Driver, 25, charged for asleep at the wheel as truck overturns on main Phuket road The Phuket News (Yesterday) - PHUKET: A 25-year-old truck driver will be charged with reckless driving causing damage to government property after he fell asleep at the wheel on Thepkrasattri Rd in Mai Khao early...
- Older News
- Vote! AoT confirms overcharging Phuket van driver not registered to pick up airport passengers, tout illegally roams terminal The Phuket News (2 days ago) - PHUKET: Airports of Thailand (AoT), which operates Phuket International Airport, has confirmed that the van driver who charged two Australian tourists B3,000 to take them from the airport to Kata,...
- Vote! PM Prayut calls out Phuket van driver for overcharging Aussie tourists The Phuket News (2 days ago) - PHUKET: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called for operators in the tourism industry to not take advantage of tourists following two Australian tourists being charged B3,000 by a passenger van...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - US Lawmakers Inspect Crowded Border Migrant Centers
- - Pompeo Warns of Threat From Hezbollah at Argentine Ceremony
- - As Pam Grier Celebrates 70, She Finds Peace off the Grid
- - Iran Says It Seized British Oil Tanker in Strait of Hormuz
- - Universal to Release 2 New Films in its 'Halloween' Saga
- - Hanging wires: Another motorcyclist strangled to death
- - Deburring and cleaning plastic components with CO2snow in a single dry process
- - Drone Attack Hits Shiite Militia Base in Northern Iraq
- - Online, Workplace Harassment Add to Dangers Faced by Female Journalists
- - Spain's Socialists, Far-left Party Move Closer to Government Deal