Mother disappears after abandoning newborn in rubber plantation
FILE PHOTO A mother is on the run after delivering her own baby boy in a hut on a Loei rubber plantation yesterday, just a day before her husband, who was in custody for two years, was to be released. Loei is in far north-east Thailand near the Laos border. The baby, with its umbilical cord still attached, was found by local villagers in a rubber plantation hut near Ban None Sawan village in Tambon Khao Luang in Wang Saphung district at 2pm yesterday. The baby was rushed to the district hospital and forwarded to Loei Hospital. The chief of the Wang Saphung police station says police learned that the mother is a 38 year old local resident of the village. Her house is about four kilometres from the spot where the baby was found. Police say the mother disappeared after the delivery apparently because she feared her husband would harm her. Police hope to arrest the mother and charge her with abandoning and endangering a baby, whilst putting her in contact with local welfare services. Her sister-in-law, ‘Yingyai’ (not her real name), told police that the mother already has four children, with the eldest 12 years old and the youngest 2 years. Her husband was jailed two years ago and released today. Yingyai said her sister-in-law’s stomach did not grow large and so her pregnancy was not noticed until last month. SOURCE: The Nation The post Mother disappears after abandoning newborn in rubber plantation appeared first on The Thaiger Thailand news.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Mother disappears after abandoning newborn in rubber plantation, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Tuesday, 21 May
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! 35 illegal migrants caught in palm plantation Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SONGKHLA: Police arrested 35 illegal Myanmar migrants in a palm plantation in Sadao district on Wednesday night while they were waiting for a trip to Malaysia....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Waymo inks driverless car deal with Renault, Nissan to develop autonomous vehicles for France, Japan
- - Recycled bikes get Myanmar kids to school
- - Eight arrested with drugs and firearms in Phuket
- - Fall armyworm invades crops across Asia, smallholders worst hit
- - Fall armyworm invades crops across Asia
- - Where to post all of your job positions: Completely free!
- - Vietnam and Thailand top Asia Pacific destinations for Russians
- - Norwegian man seriously injured after van collides with a truck in Saraburi
- - BOJ holds fire on policy, joins Fed in warning of mounting global risks
- - Trump-Xi meeting unlikely to resolve trade differences, could lead to more talks-media