More rain and flood warnings for the north and north-east
The north-east regions have just been mopping up over the last week and now the TMD (Thai Meteorological Department) are warning that there’s more on the way. Residents in the North and North-east are bracing for more rain with isolated torrential downpours on Wednesday and Thursday (August 15-16) that could trigger flash floods in the region. TMD chief Wanchai Sakudomchai, in a weather warning issued this morning, says a tropical depression over China’s south coast with sustained winds of up to 50 kilometres per hour is on the way. The TMD say it is expected to cross into northern Vietnam on on Wednesday and Thursday this week and generate heavy rainfall in Thailand. The same advisory also warns of the strong southwest monsoon whipping up waves in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. It says there will be waves of 2-4 metres height in the Andaman Sea and... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, More rain and flood warnings for the north and north-east, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Phuket Gazette'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Apirat urged to remain neutral
- - Khao Yai blazes brave new trail
- - Report: US Wants Pledge for Stable Chinese Yuan as Talks Resume
- - Fashion mastermind Lagerfeld dies
- - Memorial Speaks to North Korea's Ties to Summit Host Vietnam
- - Factbox: Pakistan, India troop strength and weapons
- - If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service?
- - Weather for February 20
- - Trump: 'No Rush' to See North Korea Denuclearize
- - Trump Says No 'Magical Date' for Imposing More Tariffs on China
- Older News
- Vote! Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula? ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (2 days ago) - FOR MORE than a year there has been a flurry of diplomatic activity on the...